Donald Trump.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't seem unreasonable to me to expect the president of the united states to be less childish than some random person on the street.

I doubt a random person paid for and organised the balloon and the protest!

The only real success he's had is getting 2 supreme court justices on, neither of which actually did anything for.

I think what he has achieved with N/S Korea is a huge success.

To put the record straight i am not a Trump supported having said that i would take him over Clinton every time she is a piece of work, what i do object to are the bandwagon jumping haters he hasn't been in office long enough to make a huge difference to the economy etc and lets be honest all politicians lie to get into office he is no different than all the others.

Last edited:
What I do not get is these protests.. sure he isn't a likeable guy and said some vile things.. yet these people who are offended why isn't the streets of London flooded with protest when Saudi King visists or the Chinese PM.. regimes who are actually are very questionable by our values here..

Seems like a bit of a bandwagon to me.
I'd happily see protests against the Saudis.

I think the reason people are so appalled at Trump ahead of the Saudis and Chinese is the "special relationship", the idea that the Yanks are somehow more like us than any other country.

Also the fact that he's admitted sexual assault.

I think what he has achieved with N/S Korea is a huge success.

To put the record straight i am not a Trump supported having said that i would take him over Clinton every time she is a piece of work, what i do object to are the bandwagon jumping haters he hasn't been in office long enough to make a huge difference to the economy etc and lets be honest all politicians lie to get into office he is no different than all the others.

Yeah, I do agree with you about it being too soon for the economy, just making the point that he can't claim it as some kind of achievement for the same reason.

Didn't mean to single your quotes out as a Trump supporter either sorry :laugh8:

I do think N Korea could be a big achievement, but I don't think it is yet. Time will tell...

Me too! There were protests for both the last Saudi and Chinese official visits but admittedly not as big.

I'd never even heard of Juncker until the Referendum and then he was paraded by the Brexit Brigade as some form of the Devil incarnate.

However, when Trump was letting loose to ...
  • Criticise the current Brexit strategy,
  • Criticise Theresa May,
  • Threaten that the policies would "probably kill" a UK/US trade deal.
  • Tell us all that Boris Johnson would make a "great Prime Minister",
... many Tories considered the comments to be "deeply insulting", just like many right minded people.

Oh, apart from Mr Jacob Rees-Mogg who thought that Trump's comments were "perfectly reasonable".

Forget Juncker as a threat to the UK and keep an eye on Rees-Mogg if you are worried for the future of your grandchildren! Remember the old saying "You are judged by the friends you keep." then read the link to see why he is so friendly towards Trump.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ement-investment-firm-belgravia-a7902951.html

Rees-Mogg is far more dangerous to the UK than any EU politician, or even Uncle Donald!

Usual politics of envy stuff....

When most of those people on the demonstrations were interviewed, they came across as just a bunch of hive minded drones.
Just repeating the same old mantra, ‘he is a sexist, a racists and homophobe’ but could not give any specifics. They came across as treating the event as get together, so as to look really virtuous on instagram and Facebook to fellow drone like friends.

Attachments

• E5B5E011-0579-4074-A736-C11D94A61BAF.jpeg
    E5B5E011-0579-4074-A736-C11D94A61BAF.jpeg
    43.2 KB · Views: 79

Oh and he's build a prototype fence.

Whenever "Mt Trump's Wall" gets a mention I always remember the comment made by the Canadian comedienne Katherine Ryan who said ...

"We'll probably have to build one soon, to keep the Americans out of Canada. Luckily for us, most of them are so fat that it will only need to be a bit higher than a speed bump and they won't be able to climb over it."
:laugh8::laugh8:

I think the reason people are so appalled at Trump ahead of the Saudis and Chinese is the "special relationship", the idea that the Yanks are somehow more like us than any other country.

Also the fact that he's admitted sexual assault.

I am not disputing legitimate reason to protest but pointing out that they dont seem so bothered when it is other countries.. so regiemes which oppress an entire nation of women isn;t as important to these people obviously..

Just seems a bit of inconsistent to me and I just think its a bit of a bandwagon.., if these people really cared for the good fight and the oppressed and all human rights they woudl fight all the good fights not just the popular culture ones.

I am not disputing legitimate reason to protest but pointing out that they dont seem so bothered when it is other countries.. so regiemes which oppress an entire nation of women isn;t as important to these people obviously..

Just seems a bit of inconsistent to me and I just think its a bit of a bandwagon.., if these people really cared for the good fight and the oppressed and all human rights they woudl fight all the good fights not just the popular culture ones.
Fair points, but the human race is not known for its consistency!

As I suggested, I think people are more appalled by Trump because the Americans have traditionally been more like "us" where it's accepted (wrongly, in my opinion) that the Saudis have a fundamentally different culture and therefore poor human rights / treatment of women / treatment of foreign workers is somewhat more acceptable. Plus there's only so much protesting you can do!

Is that like countries that get invaded because the leader is very naughty (but there happens by chance to be loads of oil there)...whereas there's loads of bad behaviour from other leaders in other countries that have not very much oil....and nobody really gives a monkeys...

Just seems a bit of inconsistent to me and I just think its a bit of a bandwagon.., if these people really cared for the good fight and the oppressed and all human rights they would fight all the good fights not just the popular culture ones.
As the U.S claims leadership of the Free World and a man who defended racists in Charlottesville and who questioned the usefulness of the US constitution is now President, I think it is very appropriate that people in the UK voice their concern.

Just seems a bit of inconsistent to me and I just think its a bit of a bandwagon.., if these people really cared for the good fight and the oppressed and all human rights they would fight all the good fights not just the popular culture ones.

America is a country, which still (despite Trump's fake news bollox) has a free press. So Americans, if they choose, could see the UK's demo's against Trump. I highly doubt protest against the Saudis or the Chinese would get any coverage in their states.

He is a sexist (there are plenty of quotes) and he is a racist (https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/18/opinion/why-trump-doubled-down-on-the-central-park-five.html).

Trump is a dangerous demagogue.

At Charlottesville there were exstremists and reasonable people on both sides. He defended the patriots there, when fake news MSM were labelling them all as far right nazis. Which is what the media do all the time here and in the USA.
Most of the patriotic rallies are attacked by ANTIFA, who dressed in black, faces covered, waving flags and committing violence are far closer to fascists than the people they are attacking.

.... (but there happens by chance to be loads of oil there)......

Here's a little known fact.

The USA imports a lot of oil from Saudi Arabia and many other countries but it has within its own borders zillions of barrels of oil.

They actually have more untapped oil reserves than Saudi Arabia or Russia and these reserves are traditionally left untouched so that when the rest of the world runs out of oil the good old USA will be sitting pretty; especially now that Uncle Donald is building up the US military to ensure that no-one dare protest about it.

I think the current plan is that when North Sea Oil runs out we resort to our "Special Relationship" with the USA. i.e. We expect to go to the front of the queue with our begging bowl.

To this I say "Dream on and never forget it's 'America First' in Donald's book!" :no: :no:

https://money.cnn.com/2016/07/05/investing/us-untapped-oil/index.html

He defended the patriots there

Are these the patriots who protested the removal of the statue of Robert E. Lee.
The commanding General of the Army of Northern Virginia.
The main field Army of the Confederate States of America.

Who fought against the United States of America (interesting definition of American patriots).

On a side note I love Lee's Chancerlorsville campaigns of 1863 against Joseph Hooker. An absolute masterclass in Generalship.
Lee was a brave, noble General.

Unlike Trump who avoided the Vietnam War draft, unlike his peers McCain or Kerry.

As the U.S claims leadership of the Free World and a man who defended racists in Charlottesville and who questioned the usefulness of the US constitution is now President, I think it is very appropriate that people in the UK voice their concern.

America is a country, which still (despite Trump's fake news bollox) has a free press. So Americans, if they choose, could see the UK's demo's against Trump. I highly doubt protest against the Saudis or the Chinese would get any coverage in their states.

He is a sexist (there are plenty of quotes) and he is a racist (https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/18/opinion/why-trump-doubled-down-on-the-central-park-five.html).

Trump is a dangerous demagogue.

Again I think you are misunderstanding

I am not defending trump in anyway at all.. He is an idiot I get that.

I am debating whether or not those on the streets even know why they are there other than joining a flock, when we have had leaders from other countries visit whose regimes have been far worse and nobody seems to care about them

I am sorry I just do not get the narrative.

I am sorry I just do not get the narrative.

The narrative is very simple.

Trump is currently the leader of the Free World.

The leader of any Western Democracy is held to a higher standard than a plutocracy, oligarchy, theocracy or monarchy.

That is why people are demonstrating in the UK.

New road sighs popped up near his Turnberry golf course just before his visit. ;)
Is this the Turnberry Golf course, which is a loss maker for Trump.
A wee quote from the article say's 'alarmed ethics watchdogs, who say he is using his presidential platform to promote a resort that, according to financial filings, has been a burden on the family business.'

you can read the full article here

At Charlottesville there were exstremists and reasonable people on both sides. He defended the patriots there, when fake news MSM were labelling them all as far right nazis. Which is what the media do all the time here and in the USA.
Most of the patriotic rallies are attacked by ANTIFA, who dressed in black, faces covered, waving flags and committing violence are far closer to fascists than the people they are attacking.

Biggest load of nonsense I've read in ages. Real patriots wouldn't share a platform with nazis. Also, for all the claims of antifa violence I've yet to see any decent evidence of this aside from scuffles at protests and that appalling chap getting punched in the face. There's no comparison between them and the right wing terrorism carried out in the USA over the past few years.

I'm definitely not on a recent "Bandwagon" because I can honestly say that I have loathed Donald Trump since 2005; which is when he purchased a bit of land up near Aberdeen.

After the purchase of the land, Trump immediately started to throw his weight around by bullying and threatening the local residents, the local planning committee, the local council and even the Scottish Parliament.

As the linked article points out ...

"... Trump still hasn’t fulfilled the grandiose economic-development and job-creation promises he made when he convinced locals to bend environmental rules so he could build a pair of major golf courses in Aberdeenshire."

He was loathsome then and he hasn't changed. See ...

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/arti...-course-in-scotland-has-made-him-some-enemies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back