Done a Good Deed, But Now Im Wondering

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnnyboy1965

Landlord.
Reaction score
A short story made long.....
A couple of days ago I noticed a plastic bag against my my "wheeley bin". I said to my wife "couldnt you have put it inside the bin". My wifes reply was something along the lines of "WTF are you talking about ?"
"Couldnt you have put it inside the bin?"
"I didnt put it there?"
So I went and got the bag and started to look through it. It contained various papers to do with someones work. The same name, address and phone number kept on appearing. I would have normally just thrown it straight into the bin, but for some reason (I really dont know why) I phoned the number. A lady answered and I explained the situation. She took my phone number and said shed get right back to me. 30 seconds later I got a phone call from the ladies husband. I explained what Id found and he said hed be straight over to pick the bag up.
Never thought anymore about it..40mins later a car pulls up outside my house and a man got out. (now hes come from Nottingham to my house in 40 mins, so must of been hammering it.
I explained what Id found and gave him the bag. He then goes into his wallet and starts realling of £20.00 notes.
"Please let me give you something for your time"
"Dont be silly Im just glad you got the bag back"
It was stolen form a car in Nottingham on Monday night (Still havent found the car).
He thanks me again and drives off.
Now....what were these papers ? Hed pulled of 3 x £20.00 notes and was going further before I stopped him.

Please dont say thing like that. Government laptops left on trains etc. I only skipped through the first few papers. Nothing important, just the same "office blurb"

You mean you didn't read the papers before ringing him, to calculate their worth? :lol:

Latest posts

Back