Dorset home-brewers grain group buy

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that it is a certain as Christmas that malt prices will rise significantly next year - hence it's a great time to get a Dorset Group going or someone hires a van and collects for your local group from us - it will add to the cost but it may still be cheaper if we can build a big enough order before the end of the year
I would love to get this off the ground, however, it does have connotations of herding cats, as I read in another thread on here earlier!
I would be willing to be the collection point if we can get this off the ground, I am in the DT2 area. Is there anyone else willing to commit for a Dorset group buy ( and outlying areas)?

I would love to get this off the ground, however, it does have connotations of herding cats, as I read in another thread on here earlier!
I would be willing to be the collection point if we can get this off the ground, I am in the DT2 area. Is there anyone else willing to commit for a Dorset group buy ( and outlying areas)?
Ok - on a practical level

I will speak to Crisp to see if you could use our account (if you wish) to get things going. If you created your own account, I know that the prices are slightly dearer in your region (Crisp's southern region)

Also, at some point you could take a copy of our ordering software and host it on your own server - but let's walk before we try to run

In the meantime, you could just use our ordering software - but as we are between orders, it would not be the right time to start that now

As you know, you need 40 bags so let's not set a timescale as to when but just ask for potential interest at this stage and let it build

Here are the malts

https://crispmalt.com/our-malts/
I have created a simple spreadsheet online for people to record their interest
Spreadsheet

So please let's just make it happen

OB

Last edited:
Did you ever get enough interest to go ahead with this? I’m just getting back into home brew and live in Sherborne. Would like a local home brew group as much as the grain purchasing…is there one?

Did you ever get enough interest to go ahead with this? I’m just getting back into home brew and live in Sherborne. Would like a local home brew group as much as the grain purchasing…is there one?
Hi, the grain buy was a non starter unfortunately, re local home brew group, I am not aware of one in the Sherborne / Dorchester area.
How is your return to home brew going so far?

Hi, the grain buy was a non starter unfortunately, re local home brew group, I am not aware of one in the Sherborne / Dorchester area.
How is your return to home brew going so far?
Okay. Thanks.
It’s going slow!
Had to pack it all up when we moved back to the uk in 2020. Then I was renting for a while. Been in our own place for 18 months now but there’s so much work to do here, along with 2 young kids, I’ve only just finished re-building everything. I did take the time to diy a glycol chiller along the way, so I’m excited to test that out.
Just about ready to buy some cO2 and ingredients and get my first brew on!

Picture is my setup before I moved

EB3B2812-1E7E-4341-A382-52AE547E36DC.jpeg

Latest posts

Back