Do's and dont's

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabbie

Reaction score
How about a do's and dont's list? Hoping I can pick up some more good tips!
Here are a few I've learned the hard way (already).

Do - go all grain :thumb:
Do - check your taps are closed before filling

Don't - forget the Irish moss
Don't - forget the hop strainer
Don't - splash your hot wort...
Don't - forget to add sugar when bottling :oops:

What else have you got?

Don't forget to hide your credit card bills from SWMBO failing that just hide the brewery.

Do brew a WOW to keep the above aforementioned SWMBO happy, then she will think that all you hard work was for her and that it was money well spent. (You will need to find a good excuse why you need lots of shiny to make WOW though)

:cheers:

Do - remember the first rule of home brew / wine making. Sanitise everything that comes into contact with your wort or must.

Don’t – expect thing to happen over night, it takes time to make good beer / wine.

(You will need to find a good excuse why you need lots of shiny to make WOW though)
This was the hardest part for me..Fortunately I changed from electric to gas...and changed to Shiny's from Plastic.... ;) However...I am having a problem ...which I have not found an answer for..

Why do you need a 60L Conical when you already have 2 x 60L FV's :whistle:

Just ask her next time she buys shoes why she needs another pair of shoes when she has a wardrobe full.

Failing that use the tactic i have learned from my good old springer spaniel, selective deafness. Mind you the number of times she tells me I need my hearing checking I am beginning to believe I am going deaf. Ah well piece and quiet.

:rofl:

highwayman said:
Spend 6 months in bed with a steady diet of Diamorphine and then say its because you have a bad back :roll:

graysalchemy said:
Don't forget to hide your credit card bills from SWMBO failing that just hide the brewery.

Do brew a WOW to keep the above aforementioned SWMBO happy, then she will think that all you hard work was for her and that it was money well spent. (You will need to find a good excuse why you need lots of shiny to make WOW though)

:cheers:

Sorry, but what is a WOW?

muddydisco said:
I'll take the 60ltr conical of you for scrap if you want to please her :D

I'll take the 60 ltr fermenter.....you can put it towards the conical :lol:

Latest posts

Back