DPD

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smileyr8

Impressive Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I placed a order with HBC on Tuesday (hoping for delivery so I could brew this weekend) the order was over £70 so I qualified for a free delivery, the order was over 31kg so I was contacted for a an extra delivery charge which was all fair enough & what I expected. This morning I was contacted by DPD stating they would deliver between 12:30 & 13:30 shortly after 12:30 I checked the tracking site only to be told "Your parcel was refused" I was in & there has been no attempt to deliver, no card left how is it possible that the parcel could be refused?

This is not the first occurrence of this I have heard of a friend of mine had a similar story a few days ago.

I have contacted Shane @ HBC & he said he was looking into it with DPD as yet I am still to hear anything else from DPD or Shane.

Sounds like a driver who was after a flier...I wonder if the "person" who "refused" it signed....
I had the gas lot out a while ago to my boiler...the lad huffed and puffed and moaned saying he was supposed to be going out later blah blah blah. ..after about half an hour I told him I wasn't interested in his moaning and either get on with it or get them you send someone else. A few minutes later he said it was fixed and left. It wasn't. ..so I phoned British gas again and said I wasn't happy...the area manager phoned me back and apologised. ..I agreed to the next morning for it bring sorted at 8am...they were there bang on time and fixed it. The boss phoned me back and asked me what I wanted him to do about the lazy one...a good bollocking would suffice I said but he indicated he wasn't bothered about giving him the boot!

Have you got the DPD app? You should at least be able to rearrange the delivery tomorrow and brew on Sunday.....

Surprising and disappointing experience though, DPD are normally pretty good.

Have you got the DPD app? You should at least be able to rearrange the delivery tomorrow and brew on Sunday.....

Surprising and disappointing experience though, DPD are normally pretty good.

I can only re-arrange delivery for Monday (I can't collect from depot either while Monday), weekends are a premium delivery option this makes you wonder if this is the reason they didn't deliver to try to get additional money for a weekend delivery.

Last edited:
I have just filled out a form to DPD stating what has occurred, I await their reply and what they plan to do to remedy the situation.

If they fail to make a delivery on Friday, the parcel tends to get locked in a trailer at the depot yard and they will not even try to retrieve it for you even if you turn up at the depot in person.
I know this from personal experience, which was especially annoying as they actually re-scheduled my parcel for a Saturday delivery which was never going to happen.
Good company when things are moving smoothly but tend to crumble when there are any complications.

You might have got the nobhead employee - every firm has at least one. Always the same driver that delivers here and I can time his arrival to the second via the tracking app. Never had cause to complain.

You might have got the nobhead employee - every firm has at least one. Always the same driver that delivers here and I can time his arrival to the second via the tracking app. Never had cause to complain.
I watched his van driving around the local area on the app, if I had been able to contact him. I could have literally walked to where he was!
Just lucky I didn't have anything perishable in the delivery like liquid yeast, as it was 80c plus all that weekend, 4 days of that in the back of a van and a stationary trailer would have wrecked it.

Just heard back for their "We'll Make It Right Team" stating that they have re-scheduled the delivery for Monday.

I have responded to them stating that this is unacceptable, and what is to stop the driver stating the delivery was refused again on Monday?

I also stated I was documenting the whole process on a forum, I am waiting to hear their reply to this.

Just heard back for their "We'll Make It Right Team" stating that they have re-scheduled the delivery for Monday.

I have responded to them stating that this is unacceptable, and what is to stop the driver stating the delivery was refused again on Monday?

I also stated I was documenting the whole process on a forum, I am waiting to hear their reply to this.
I’m not trying to be provocative but given where you are now, what do you want them to do?

I’m not trying to be provocative but given where you are now, what do you want them to do?

One of the most annoying things with this is that I am only a few hundred meters from the DPD depot.
The fact that they didn't contact me to let me know what was going on, leaving it down to me to chase up in order to get a resolution.
Not really sure what I want them to do at this point, they do deliveries on Saturdays & Sundays, I suppose that would have been more acceptable.

Sounds reasonable. Were you able to speak to the actual depot or just a central office?

One of the most annoying things with this is that I am only a few hundred meters from the DPD depot.
The fact that they didn't contact me to let me know what was going on, leaving it down to me to chase up in order to get a resolution.
Not really sure what I want them to do at this point, they do deliveries on Saturdays & Sundays, I suppose that would have been more acceptable.
They do Saturdays, but yours will probably be under a pile of other parcels in a trailer in the yard, so they won’s even consider retrieving it.

The issue is they say it has been refused...when it hasn't. What if they said it had been delivered when it hadn't? Delivered or refused needs a signature ..no one in gets a ticket. So who refused it? The driver has the answer. For them to fob you off is shoddy. ..phone their head office!

Complaint is in order. Go above the local depot. Write to their MD kick up a right stink! Tell them you took a day off etc..

Sounds like a driver who was after a flier...I wonder if the "person" who "refused" it signed....
I had the gas lot out a while ago to my boiler...the lad huffed and puffed and moaned saying he was supposed to be going out later blah blah blah. ..after about half an hour I told him I wasn't interested in his moaning and either get on with it or get them you send someone else. A few minutes later he said it was fixed and left. It wasn't. ..so I phoned British gas again and said I wasn't happy...the area manager phoned me back and apologised. ..I agreed to the next morning for it bring sorted at 8am...they were there bang on time and fixed it. The boss phoned me back and asked me what I wanted him to do about the lazy one...a good bollocking would suffice I said but he indicated he wasn't bothered about giving him the boot!

My experience with British gas has always been BAD.. years ago they condemned a boiler stating a fictitious part as the problem, the seal in question was never fitted in my boiler!! and i almost spent £10k on a replacement system with em until a competitor i had in to quote questioned the condemned order and asked to see it. 1 x £200 recheck later the old boiler was recommissioned. and btw the boiler is still going strong..

then last year when fitting new 'smart meters' 4 engineers sat on my doorstep having a social session supping cold pop and munching lunch while a single young lad did the work, BUT he turned on and left on the simmer gas ring when 'checking the system' and consequently rationalised i had a gas leak and shut off my supply before leaving!! As the cooker and heating system are the only 2 gas appliances my request he unhook the cooker to issolate the problem was Too Much, and all 5 engineers disappeared in seconds..

It then cost me £100 to get a private emergency engineer out to the gas back on once the simmer knob had been turned OFF!! it took BG Months to refund that cost back to me adding a £30 'sorry we ****** up' credit to my a/c HRMPH!!

I'd normally sing the praises of DPD, they make most of the other courier services look pretty poor in comparison, however....

I had a refused / rejected delivery from them over Christmas. Had ordered a skateboard for my lad as that was the main thing he wanted. Luckily sent to work so no time off taken or anything but on the day of delivery I got a message saying it was on its way but then they normally text you later on with a 2 hour delivery window, this didn't happen. I looked it up at the end of the day and it said the parcel had been held at the depot due to an issue, fair enough I thought, it's busy, I'll give them the benefit of doubt. Expected it the next day but again nothing, looked it up again and it said the parcel had been rejected / returned to supplier. Argghhh, it was only a few days until Xmas. After a few phone calls to the skateboard place turned out DPD had rejected it because the box was too big, skateboard lot said it had never happened before. Did finally get it with a day to spare but I was starting to panic!

Wonder if something similar has happened here?

I had given the "We'll Make It Right Team" exact instructions on a map. so there could be no chance of not getting the parcel today. What follows beggars belief, the parcel was being delivered to my parents & I knew they would be in all day, shortly after the due time of the parcel I get an unable to deliver no one home, I instantly call my parent to ensure they are home and they are so ask is there a calling card in the letter box, they reply nothing in the letterbox, Dads just been to get the post so I ask are you sure, off Dad trots to check & low and behold its in there, so in the time between him collecting the post & me ringing the driver has dropped the calling card & taken a picture of the postbox, but not even knocked on the door.

I have arranged to get the parcel from the Depot (I have it now) & the guy there was fantastic he put the parcels on a buggy & pulled it round to my car. I explained to him what had gone off & said I should report it.

Latest posts

Back