Drinking beer early

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have a pressure gauge. Is the pressure relief seal (elastic band) rated to 10psi???
The rubber band is rated to protect your PB from overpressure. In theory if your PB is rated at 10 psig the band should vent before that pressure, ditto 15psig. The pressure rating may be stamped on the PB .
Is the 'canister' of CO2 you have a small S30 type cylinder or are you using bulbs.
If its an S30 just add gas in smallish steps.
If its bulbs, inject one then leave it for a while. then draw some off. If its low pressure you could try another bulb.
In both cases you have to allow time fore the gas in the pressurised head space to find its way into the beer, before you try again. So take your time doing this.

The rubber band is rated to protect your PB from overpressure. In theory if your PB is rated at 10 psig the band should vent before that pressure, ditto 15psig. The pressure rating may be stamped on the PB .
Is the 'canister' of CO2 you have a small S30 type cylinder or are you using bulbs.
If its an S30 just add gas in smallish steps.
If its bulbs, inject one then leave it for a while. then draw some off. If its low pressure you could try another bulb.
In both cases you have to allow time fore the gas in the pressurised head space to find its way into the beer, before you try again. So take your time doing this.
I have one of the big bottles, about 7-8" long I think. I'll probably need a refill on it soon, I've had it a while

Hi all, my Tom Caxton ale was in the FV for a week, and now in the keg for 5 days. How soon have people poured a pint after brewing, without it tasting vile? It says 14 days to condition.
What's the odds on not regretting having one this weekend???
Due to Lockdown and the amount of beer I've been getting through, my last brew (a Victorian pale ale) was 5 days in the FV and 3 in the bottle before I started drinking it. Have to say it was excellent. Basically beer with a simple malt regime and very hoppy are good from as soon as you've got pressure in the bottle. Keg might take longer as I would expect a bottle to clear quicker than a keg as the yeast has less depth to settle in.

I don't have a pressure gauge. Is the pressure relief seal (elastic band) rated to 10psi???

I see you have the larger CO2 bottle. Try to inject a little CO2 at a time and wait two or three seconds between each injection. You’ll know when you’ve added enough CO2 because the pressure relief valve will start to hiss or squeal. After you’ve done this a time or two you’ll know how much to inject.

I see you have the larger CO2 bottle. Try to inject a little CO2 at a time and wait two or three seconds between each injection. You’ll know when you’ve added enough CO2 because the pressure relief valve will start to hiss or squeal. After you’ve done this a time or two you’ll know how much to inject.
I've just sampled a bit, and it seems to have saved it, and it's drinkable 😎
However, my super 30 bottle just ran out! 😭 My nearest proper homebrew shop is 10 mile away. I hope its classed as essential travel 😬

I've just sampled a bit, and it seems to have saved it, and it's drinkable 😎
However, my super 30 bottle just ran out! 😭 My nearest proper homebrew shop is 10 mile away. I hope its classed as essential travel 😬

If you have any of the small 8g bottles you can use one of those. If the shops are allowed to open I assume you’re allowed to shop :confused.:

Latest posts

Back