Drones

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CD

Retired Brewer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMG_0388.JPG

Wasn’t that roaring lion’s head that suddenly appeared at the London New Year fireworks fantastic.

How they can pre-programme 500 drones to fly with such precision for the duration of the show is a miracle. I wonder if they all returned to their base safely, or whether some were lost in action.

I doubt if they'd lose any. Suspect they're all quite expensive. With GPS and modern giros, altimeters, compasses and so on it's not that difficult to get these things where you want them. Just some clever computer programming after that. Pretty cool though.

Wonder what wind speed they can deal with?

They can cope with wind speeds up to 30mph and they are fine in rain.

They use either collision avoidance trajectories or swarming technology (military) and they employ geo-fencing so if there’s a communication issue they stay within an area and shut-down if they can’t.

Smart tech.

Last edited:
I have been looking at buying a drone for ages but like most things in life if you want all the good features you have to pay top money and i cannot justify paying many hundreds of pounds for what may turn out to be a fad.

I saw teeth and pieced the rest together. I had no idea that that was how it's done.
For the record, I'm fine with regular fireworks, once a year, in a controlled setting. And I could live without parades. I do not get those. Might be that I had one of my boots fill up with ice water while watching the Detroit Thanksgiving Day parade when I was a kid.

I showed my wife and without any clues, got it in less than a second from a distance (which might have helped). I think it just depends on the person and it's good or bad. I've always liked this one:
1641396717153.png

If you've never seen it, there are a couple of ways to view this.

Back