Drug cheats. [Poll]

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should drug cheats in all sports be banned for life?

• They should be banned for life.

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • They should be allowed back after a lengthy ban.

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters
Lifetime ban OR
....start a separate set of competitions for drugged up humans

I think the majority of sports fans don't like to see cheats return after a ban, just look at the reception Justin Gatlin got at the World Athletics Championships in 2017 in the 100 metres. Or perhaps people just don't like cheats in general (drugs or otherwise) as Maradona was constantly booed at Wembley years after the 'Hand of God' incident.

I particularly don't like them competing in 'strength' sports like boxing or MMA as their opponent could be horrendously injured without knowing (at the time) that the cheat had an unfair advantage. That advantage could also still be there even after completing a suspension for a failed test.

Lifetime ban. There's no deterrent otherwise - Povetkin only missed a year after his lifetime ban was downgraded. He'll likely still be feeling the benefits of the drugs now.

Ive put lifetime ban because there needs to be lifetime bans. There’s always going to be the need for medical exemptions and I think it would be hard to ban someone for life for taking something someone else is allowed to use for a medical reason.

There has to be a definite set of rules or "super" humans have an unfair advantage. One person cheats and gets paid and another (equally as good or better than the cheater originally) plays by the rules and gets clobbered or dropped from a team.

Obviously, the money promotes cheating.

An unfortunate situation where someone legitimately needs a medication that's banned because it enhances? Well, if it in any way could enhance performance, even if not intended, then the person should be excluded.

I have been around a weight room or two and I don't see how drug-free lifting produces what you see in the NFL, MLB or even the NBA. You can only work out so much, naturally.
I would actually be heartened to be 100% wrong about this, but, watching a clip or two of baseball players in the 70s or early 80s disabuses me of that; most look like string beans compared to the perfectly sculpted, heavily muscled men in American sports today.

At least with the NFL, the cheating appears to be complete.

They're all on drugs anyway, anyone who stands a chance of winning that is.
Just that some are better at hiding it than others.

They're all on drugs anyway, anyone who stands a chance of winning that is.
Just that some are better at hiding it than others.
I just read a story from a book excerpt on ESPN.com and the college coach knew his player was cheating AND teaching other players how to cheat drug tests but the college coach couldn't prove it. Good at cheating. The player was really good but met a bad end not many years later.
High school (ages 14-18) hasn't had all the honesty and integrity ripped from it. That's what my wife suggests we do--go watch some high school sports--when I get too worked up about the ever-present stories of drugs, scandals, poor role model behavior, etc.

What sort of drugs are we talking about? Tennis might improve if they were tripping as its as boring as ...

Now that would be worth watching - tennis on LSD. And motor racing would be great if they all had to neck a bottle of whiskey before getting behind the wheel. Ye... drugs should be compulsory in sport in order to make it watchable instead of the borefest it all is now.

I think they should do the drug olympics

Just so guys like this can play table tennis again

rock_hard_muscle_by_n_o_n_a_m_e-d4eaybs.jpg

Latest posts

Back