Drunken Monk Quadrupel - NHC Gold Medal

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just checked the fermentation bucket after 13 days and we're looking at 1.010, so 11.3%.

I sampled a drop but only 5 minutes later I struggle to describe the taste other than very complex, not too sweet and with a noticable spiciness. I'll leave it a few days and then it'll go into 500ml swing tops.
500ml swingtops @11.3%!! 😜

Just checked the fermentation bucket after 13 days and we're looking at 1.010, so 11.3%.

I sampled a drop but only 5 minutes later I struggle to describe the taste other than very complex, not too sweet and with a noticable spiciness. I'll leave it a few days and then it'll go into 500ml swing tops.
Nice. That'll be a great winter warmer. At that strength you might not be far away from a Rochefort 10 clone (maybe that was your plan?).

Last edited:
I did want to go some way above your 8.7 but I doubt I have your control over the process!

I'm calling it "Covid Killer (Q'est-ce que c'cest?)" and will open one at Christmas, but it would be nice to keep until it's safe to reunite with friends next year.

Latest posts

Back