Dry Hop in Standard Plastic Pressure Barrel

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brasseur français

Reaction score
So has anybody come up with a good way to do this in the bog standard pressure barrels? I have tried different bags but the 2 inch hole in the top makes getting a bag in near impossible let alone getting the things out again. A good sized tea ball would be a good shout but does one exist that is less than 2 inches wide that would hold 50g of hop pellets? Also I would like to give the pellets room to breath if you see what I mean?

Does anybody just chuck them in? Do they block the tap? Would loose cones be better or would they just float and never touch the beer?

So has anybody come up with a good way to do this in the bog standard pressure barrels? I have tried different bags but the 2 inch hole in the top makes getting a bag in near impossible let alone getting the things out again. A good sized tea ball would be a good shout but does one exist that is less than 2 inches wide that would hold 50g of hop pellets? Also I would like to give the pellets room to breath if you see what I mean?

Does anybody just chuck them in? Do they block the tap? Would loose cones be better or would they just float and never touch the beer?
Yes hop balls do exist, i have 2 stainless steel ones which are about 2inch round and have a stainless chain attached. I can’t actually remember where I bought them from though? I think geterbrewed? But I’ll certainly try and find out for you
Many thanks
James

Latest posts

Back