Dry hop scaling??

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seaside brew

Reaction score
Evening all. Hope everyone Is having a nice Friday evening. I’m after a bit of advice... again! I’ve recently paid the couple of quid to download Harrison’s brewery’s vacant gesture recipe and have scaled all the fermentables and boil hop additions but I can find a way of scaling the dry hop which I imagine is quite a big part of this ale’s finished flavor. Nothing like stating the obvious! I’m using brew farther. In his 500 liter batch it’s showing two 750g dry hop additions. Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me with this. Hoping to Brew this in the next few days Is I can suss the dry hop out.

1500 / 500 * 23 =

(that's 69g for 23 litres if you can't be faffed watching a cliched video)

Your a good man. Thanks for that mucker. I can’t even work out how you came up with that first equation!!

What do you reckon on timings? One after 3 days and the next when it’s fermented?

I can’t even work out how you came up with that first equation!!
1500g of hops in 500 litres = 3g per litre so for 23 litres it's 69g.

Just had a look at Harry's video and he puts the first dry hop in on day 5, then the next lot 3 days later and leaves it another 2 days.

Commercial or larger scale brewers tend to ferment for a shorter time than homebrewers. Not really sure why. In this example it only gives you 10 days in the FV rather than 14. I went on a tour of Hawkshead brewery and they keg at 7 days and allow the residual sugars to carbonate the beer. I suppose their precise temperature control allows them to do this.

Oh yeah!! The 1500 was a bit lost on me when I first read your reply.. literally didn’t put 2&2 together. Day 5 and 3 days after it shall be then. Shall hopefully get this one done in the next few days

Back