Dry hopping and fruit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itry

Regular.
Reaction score
Good morning. I'm making a 1664 blanc recipe off of grain father. It's a bit shady on the dry hopping and adding the apricot. Has any one done this or got any suggestions. It's fermented for a week , do i dry hop now? Or fruit? Then how long before I add the other?

Sorry I have no advice, but am interested in how this turns out so please keep updated.

Jake

Good morning. I'm making a 1664 blanc recipe off of grain father. It's a bit shady on the dry hopping and adding the apricot. Has any one done this or got any suggestions. It's fermented for a week , do i dry hop now? Or fruit? Then how long before I add the other?

Don’t know the recipe but a recent fruit beer I added fruit at day 4. Dry hop about day 9/10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

when I'm doing a saison I put the fruit in after 7 days, for soft or dried fruit I normally boil it the day before, let it cool overnight & then add in the morning.

Update. I added all the hops during fermentation and have left it ferment for 17 days. My shed is quite hot so it finished fast. Last night I racked the beer into a clean vessel. I was impressed how hoppy it smelt. Really hoppy with a bit of that "freshly picked and cut skunk smell" and it was a faint straw colour. To I tried it. Hops are clear as a bell. The back ground taste is a very bitter wheat. I boiled a kilo of apricot jam down and added it. I'm hoping it will just take the edge off of the bitter taste. Bit all in all an I treating experiment. I'll update again when its sat and soaked a bit more

Latest posts

Back