Dry hopping

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dicko

Reaction score
Hi all
I'm making a coopers European lager which I will be dry hopping. Any ideas as to which hops would be best?

Cheers
Dicko

Saaz, Tettnanger, Hallertauer Mittelfruh. Spalt. Any one of those. European lagers are not generally dry hopped though, although late additions to the boil are not uncommon. You might try making a hop tea and adding that to avoid giving your lager a grassy taste.

Thanks for the replies guys but I only do kits. I've made the coopers European lager before and dry hopped with saaz, I was just wondering what the alternatives were.

Cheers
Dicko

Use a hop you like. I've brewed wilko Mexican cerveza with cascade and mosaic and enjoyed both. I did hop tea at pitching and 4 day dry hop with both. Preferred the mosaic but I know it's a divisive choice.

Hi Scotty
Never even concidered mosciac what sort of quantities did you use?

Cheers
Dicko

25g tea and 25g dry. There's no recipe or anything I just bought 50g from crossmyloof. I know this is a seperate topic but ive also used their Cali common yeast and found it had a better depth of flavour and stuck better to the bottles.

Latest posts

Back