Dry January

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve committed to it. On the grounds of health and keeping the stocks up.
I’m bottling 20l of grapefruit IPA today and putting another brew on, on Tuesday. Not sure what yet.
Reckon with another few brews before month end stocks will be well in place for the spring drinking [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're going to do the 5:2 fast diet and stay dry during the week (exclusive Fridays) to get rid of some excess weight.

I'll be shortening brew lengths to 10l so that i don't have to reduce brewing frequency.

I did think about it but then my mate asked if I was out tomorrow. I may have one weekend off. Only have 4 bottles at most a week anyway but feeling the effects of only cycling once a week so need to get back exercising

Same here - 2 or 3 bottles/glasses on a Friday and the same on a Saturday.

I’ve not done any exercise since I caught Hand Foot and Mouth Disease in November and I’ve been eating and drinking far more than usual since my work night out in mid-December.

My feet only stared feeling back to normal on about the 27th so I’m ready to get back into my 4 weights sessions a week starting next week.

I'm in, I need to loose weight and this will help to get me off to a good start.

I'm even postponing brewing again as stocks are still too high it's so much quicker to brew it than drink it. Even with giving away a crate or two it still builds up and unfortunately my assistant drinkers have either taken up Gin n Tonic or running Ultras.

aamcle

Hi!

I've started a new exercise regime.

Every morning I get out of bed - up, down, up, down - twenty times.

Then the other eyelid.

And I always insist on a hearty breakfast of several pots of strong coffee and half a dozen roll-ups. Ah, that caffeine and nicotine rush is like a million LEDs all lighting up at once in my head.

Dry January? No chance, it’s bound to rain sometime!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The way I feel today, I reckon I'll not have another drink until about tomorrow afternoon.

8a23b2926c6260ebd5b67c097b500103.jpg

You boys are not being very supportive here.
This is going to be a challenge !
Just been for a 3.5 mile run too... little steps and all !!

You boys are not being very supportive here.
This is going to be a challenge !
Just been for a 3.5 mile run too... little steps and all !!

I've just been for a 3.5 mile run too... to the shop and back in the motor car. Sorry shouldn't mock, way things are going it'll be my turn before long. Stay focussed - a month isn't a long time!!

I will not be doing it but do intend to cut down next year my problem is i cannot resist eating while drinking which does my waistline no favours.

See this is my issue, I cannot see past a bag of crisps when I have a beer, and to me a bag of crisp is the 150g family bags:doh:

Latest posts

Back