Dry January

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quite enjoying it at the moment, but I suspect that is because it's different, and over the period from my birthday (beginning of December) to NYE I was supping more than normal I'll be bored of the sobriety by 27th and ready for a few real ales when I call it a day and go and watch the mod band in my local.

We lasted two days,,, then friends(??) called around... Then I 'found' 20L of an experimental session ale that I wouldn't chuck out. It's 6 months old and fooking perfect with my cider. Arggghhh,,,

I have committed to running 1000 miles this year though, I will raise sponsorship for prostate cancer car and McMillan to remember friends I miss.
I do pay the ferryman,,,

I would say I've not touched a drop but I did have a sip out of a trial jar yesterday to make sure I didn't have to tip it. Not had a drink but will have brewed 80 pints during the dry Jan.

I would say I've not touched a drop but I did have a sip out of a trial jar yesterday to make sure I didn't have to tip it. Not had a drink but will have brewed 80 pints during the dry Jan.

Similar - I’ve bottled up 80 little beauts and 18 bottles of vino waiting for wet Feb !

Similar - I’ve bottled up 80 little beauts and 18 bottles of vino waiting for wet Feb !
I had a day in the pub on Friday and although I wasn't drinking I had a good laugh all day despite getting slaughtered by the chaps. We were in the Spoons in Gracechurch St. EC3 and when I am drinking again I'm going back there and I'm going to annhialate half a dozen pints of the Erdinger Bruin they sell on draught. It is the nicest draught beer I've had anywhere.

I’m doing jan n maybe Feb...only coz I’m on pain killers n anti biotic etc n a bit of morphine...miss my tipple...my sleeping is bloody strange!!! Deep sleep and dream!!
Bri

Been off the booze since before xmas,taking various medications. Relented a few nights ago and had a stubby of my own brew but that's it. Still on various tablets including tramadol so not really a good idea to be drinking. At present it looks as though it will run into feb as well:(.
Would be brewing but no point yet,too much booze to drink as it is!!!!:mad:

Bri if you are on a bit of morphine you won't need any beer.:unsure:

Last edited:
I'm getting on fine but bugger me I'm bored of it. Going to that there London Town next Friday to stay with friends they live next door to a bottle shop, so my pal has picked me up some brews
Beavertown brewery, - neck oil, lupuloid, gamma ray, black Betty,
Siren craft brewery - sound wave, liquid mistress,
Stone brewery - ruination, tangerine express, delicious,
Thornbridge brewery - Jaipur, bear state, wild raven.
Dry January, Dry Schmanuary. I'm going to murder that little lot starting on the 26th!

Still on various tablets including tramadol so not really a good idea to be drinking.

I've always found alcohol and Tramadol to be a most agreeable combination. I especially like the dribbling and subsequent couch-lock that it invariably induces.

Will likely be dry through to the end of March. Have also decided to eat much better as I was eating way too much junk through the last half of 2017.

Tramadol,diazepam,naproxen,diclofenac, plus the usual stuff...sometimes all at once...while my hip was wrecked. After hip replacement no meds!

Latest posts

Back