Dry January

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dutto won't be long....

Not today - unfortunately! Gotta pick up some neighbours at 2pm. They go shopping once a fortnight and need a lift with their groceries so gotta stay sober until 3pm for that.

Drink of the day has to be the Cherry Pilsner Ale. When the English Bitter has finished fermenting I want to transfer it into the King Keg where the last few litres of Cherry Ale are still in residence.

I have to admit that A) Cherry Ale is NOT a drink that I should have brewed for Autumn/Winter, and B) I shouldn't have rushed the kegging because Cherry Syrup takes forever to ferment out. I have yet to fit a CO2 capsule to the keg and the photograph shows how lively it still is!

IMG_0557.jpg

BTW, what sick bugger thought of "Dry January"? A prohibitionist? It reminded me of the Salvation Army lady stood outside the pub handing out leaflets and decrying the "evils of the demon drink".

A man entering the pub asked her if she had ever tasted alcohol and suggested that he should buy her a drink. "I'm not going in there." she said "and I can't possibly be seen out here with a glass in my hand."

The man saw the problem and came up with an answer. "Wait here," he said, "I'll be back out with a gin and tonic in a few minutes." He went into the pub and said to the barman "A pint of bitter and a gin and tonic please. Oh, and can you put the gin and tonic in a teacup for me?" "No problem mate." said the barman "I presume the Salvation Army lass is outside again."

Nothing like an old joke to set up a morning is there!:gulp:

5 pints in of my fine grapefruit pale ale , which I’m slow beginning to call my signature drink.
Work tomorrow , and I’m sure I shouldn’t touch Grapefruit with my heart pills ... but who cares !

Fook Dry January next year hic :beer6:

It's too bad that you guys lost a full month of drinking time that you'll never get back. Just put it down to experience and never make the same dreadful mistake again. It's all over now and the memory will, in time, fade away only to haunt you in those quiet, reflective moments that we all have from time to time. Meanwhile, fill your boots!

Dunno about a dry month... I've just had a dry week cos of doing nights. I'm gagging for a pint but in a display of my legendary restraint I'm gonna wait til I have the usual Saturday night radioactive curry later. Beer's in fridge right now. A month,huh? The mind boggles.

Latest posts

Back