Duvel Triple hop, not for me thanks

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried the citra version, and it was cat **** galore and it caused me not to use citra for the next year which is unfortunate. I still haven't used citra as a bittering hop because of that bottle of nasty.

I love the actual Duvel however.

Is a bad bottle likely from such a big brewery? Genuine question cos I really don't know, but I'd have thought it more likely he just doesn't like it.

I had the Citra and the Cashmere, and preferred the Cashmere: a bit more tangerine than citrus. But both were good. There also was a Nelson Sauvin, but I missed that one I guess.
But good brews nonetheless.

The Duvel Triple Hop used to change every year if I remember right, with a different hop variety each time. It seems to have been citra for a good while now though, wish they'd change things again to keep it interesting.

Edited to add - apparently they DO still do a new hop each year, but the citra sold well enough for them to make it a semi-permanent addition. The annual hop version this year is Cashmere, should be delicious!
Jesus. That'll be excellent.

The cashmere one sounds good, it's a very smooth bittering hop. I always got coconut that disappears into lime after a few weeks in the bottle.

I don't think I could bring myself to use either Citra or Cashmere as bittering additions. Would feel very wasteful.

I don't think I could bring myself to use either Citra or Cashmere as bittering additions. Would feel very wasteful.
Don't discount cashmere for bittering in a stout makes for a very smooth creamy bitterness.

Don't discount cashmere for bittering in a stout makes for a very smooth creamy bitterness.

Certainly has the right stats for it (high alpha, low cohumulone). It's just that it's so good as an aroma hop, and very expensive.

I much prefer the original, a genuinely great beer. I still like the triple hop though, it's pretty good imo.

Sorachi Ace is indeed a weird one, I get coconut and lemon from it. I made a really nice saison with a lot of it once, can recommend that. I used belle saison yeast

Grabbed a bottle of cashmere and citra to give them both a try. Citra is way better now than when I had it probably 5 years ago, a bit catty still but good. Cashmere was excellent too, I forgot how much I like that hop.

Grabbed a bottle of cashmere and citra to give them both a try. Citra is way better now than when I had it probably 5 years ago, a bit catty still but good. Cashmere was excellent too, I forgot how much I like that hop.

I bloody love Cashmere. Where did you get the Cashmere one from?

Back