Duvel

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ajhutch

Landlord.
Reaction score
Does anyone happen to know if Duvel that we buy in shops here is imported or brewed under licence? I got given a bottle that had been bought in a shop in Belgium and at the first sip I thought it was different. But I could easily be playing tricks on myself.

I don't think it is brewed under license here but I may be wrong. Age and handling of Belgian beer can change it a lot as it's all bottle conditioned.

Pretty sure it's only brewed in Belgium.

Whenever I have a break from it for while it always seems to taste different to how I remembered it - it's always slightly sharper than I recall. Probably my favourite beer of all time though.

We drank one this evening too (in Belgium by the way), and I have the impression that whenever I drink one, it seems to taste a little bit different (but we were also drinking it as accompaniment to French cheese). I have the same with Westmalle. I don't mind, it shows that Moortgat wants to deliver a nice beer, as consistent as possible, but not completely uniform.

Latest posts

Back