E10 petrol.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would buy a hydrogen car i believe it's the way forward, that's just my personal view and i will not answer any replys and go round in never ending circles

I would buy hydrogen but i think it will be a very long time until they are a common sight on the road.

Nobodys' going to be buying petrol cars in ten years time anyway, if all goes to plan (I know,I know...).

Maybe they want to damage the cars so that people have to buy newer cleaner models? Wish I could afford an electric car!

I would run an electric car if i could afford a new one i don't do a huge mileage, a short daily commute and a trip to the next town for shopping is an average week, i could probably manage it on one full charge in these modern high mileage electric cars below.

I have noticed a huge increase in the amount of electric cars on the road here and the majority are Hyundai and KIA.

Hyundai Kona
1624891387143.png

1624891329860.png

1624891489961.png

Good luck with hydrogen cars - there's going to be one less now that Honda are binning the Clarity. The inefficiency of hydrogen and absolute need for an expensive fueling infrastructure which doesn't exist yet (compared most people being able to use electric with relative cheap adaption of their domestic supply) means that hydrogen is only ever going to be an expensive niche solution for light vehicles. The motoring equivalent of LPG for heating - more expensive and only used by people who have no alternative.

I've posted a version of this image before, it's the view of Michael Liebreich who was a founder of Bloomberg New Energy Finance, Bloomberg's consulting arm on this kind thing, and is advising the UK government on net zero. He's a big fan of hydrogen for industrial uses and things like long-haul planes, but not for cars.

1624896900925.png

You can see why if you compare real-world examples of electric and hydrogen cars :
1624897233229.png

Glad I've just bought a "Dirty Diesel" (as my son calls them!)
Astra Estate 1.7 CDTi/SRi. Goes well, loads of toys, and good economy.
As an owner of a performance bike, and a VW powered by a Porsche 911 engine, I can't ever see me going electric....

My car is a 2005. I would hope the majority of modern fuel injected cars will be OK as ethanol has been used for a while. If the octane rating is equivalent hopefully the engines will still run OK, not sure if the spark plug requirements/temperature would be any different?
I almost always use Tesco Momentum 99 anyway

This interview with Liebrich expands on his thinking :
https://www.rechargenews.com/energy...t-wants-to-delay-electrification-/2-1-1033226
He would argue that if you think hydrogen is a solution for personal transport, you're being manipulated by big oil company propaganda, as they are desperate to push the future towards hydrogen which is something they can do, rather than electricity which (in general) they don't do.

Back