E10 petrol

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Who says E10 is **** Peugeot 2008 pure tech 1.2 petrol, 100 mile round trip mainly on normal roads maybe 20 miles motorway
41D8BDD6-D47C-4648-8ACA-3A1F66271488.jpeg

Who says E10 is **** Peugeot 2008 pure tech 1.2 petrol, 100 mile round trip mainly on normal roads maybe 20 miles motorway

I don't think anyone said it is ****, it can damage older vehicles fuel systems hence the many warnings when it was first introduce.

Unfortunately one of my bikes, a 2001 Triumph RS Sprint, has a plastic fuel tank which E10 eats, mind you E5 did it as well only more slowly. Thankfully Esso's super expensive E5 actually doesn't contain any Ethanol in our area. How long that will last I don't know.

I am using Tesco E5 in my car they said it will be OK on E10 but it's old and I don't believe a word this government says, they want old cars off the road what a brilliant way of slowly getting their wish.

e20 is the way to go apparently but that requires better corrosion resistant parts. for our 1.4 boosterjet engines we get better mpg and more power from e5. However the e5 we buy from esso is 97-99 ron and e10 is usually 95 ron

I switched to E5 when the government said older cars will be OK to use it but no guarantees, tesco E5 isn't much dearer than she'll E10 so worth the little extra.

I noticed in USA they reached 15% ethanol but instead of naming it E15 following on from E10 they decided to switch it to Unleaded 88 which interestingly is 1 more octane than the 87 of regular unleaded. So when customers are choosing between the 87 and 88 buttons at the pump maybe more will choose 88 and it is much cheaper.

https://www.sourcena.com/sourceline/the-future-for-e15-or-rather-unleaded-88/

I noticed in USA they reached 15% ethanol but instead of naming it E15 following on from E10 they decided to switch it to Unleaded 88 which interestingly is 1 more octane than the 87 of regular unleaded. So when customers are choosing between the 87 and 88 buttons at the pump maybe more will choose 88 and it is much cheaper.

https://www.sourcena.com/sourceline/the-future-for-e15-or-rather-unleaded-88/
That's potentially confusing. Over here, most, if not all, pumps have E85 as well as the others. This is between 60% and 85% bioethanol and is definitely not usable in engines not designed or adapted for this fuel. American visitors beware.

Latest posts

Back