Easy Blush wine recipe from canned peaches and juice

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Berry454

Reaction score
Recipe requires

4 tins growers harvest peaches
1 lt Sainsbury's pink grapefruit juice with bits
1 lt Sainsbury's cranberry and raspberry juice
800g sugar
1 TSP yeast
1 TSP nutrient
2 TSP pectolase
1 TSP citric acid

Add 4 tins of peaches to a pan and add 3 litre of water. Bring to a boil and hold at a boil for 15 minutes. Then reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until the liquid is reduced by 3/4ths. Next use a potato masher to lightly mash the peaches. Top up with water back to 3 litres and gently simmer again until you have about 300ml of thick gluppy liquid left. Strain through a sive and bin the pulp left over. Keep the liquid for use in the recipe.

Add the peach concentrate to the DJ along with all the juice. Add 800g of sugar, citric acid and pectolase. Shake well to dissolve all the sugar.

Top up with water and pitch the yeast and the nutrient.

SG 1.090

FG 0.995

Wine cleared very quickly with finnings added. I think the extra pectolase massively helped with the clearing.

This really turned out to be a delicious and very cheap wine to make. My fiancee absolutely loves it! Tasting notes are a very mild but floral and fruity wine. Plenty of zest with mild flavours of peaches, grapefruit and raspberry. The cranberry did not come through whatsoever.

IMG_20220215_172717_681.jpg

IMG_20220214_202437_139.jpg

IMG_20220316_112719_444.jpg
IMG_20220316_112724_852.jpg

IMG_20220316_113045_314.jpg

Looks to me like you're a bigger fan of echo falls white wine rather than homebrew 😅

I hate echo falls and I'm not a white drinker. I happened to get over 300 of the echo falls bottles from someone for just £50.

With over 200 bottles of home brew wine aging in my cellar I'd say I'm a bigger fan of home brew.

I hate echo falls and I'm not a white drinker. I happened to get over 300 of the echo falls bottles from someone for just £50.

With over 200 bottles of home brew wine aging in my cellar I'd say I'm a bigger fan of home brew.
Fair enough I just thought it strange ti have so many of the same bottle, I've started using a bulk plastic supplier for some of mine recently as glass wine bottles have gone up in price most places by about 50%

I wish I had a cellar i have around 200 bottled bottles and around another 150 waiting to be bottled on my spare room of my flat 😅

Fair enough I just thought it strange ti have so many of the same bottle, I've started using a bulk plastic supplier for some of mine recently as glass wine bottles have gone up in price most places by about 50%

That's exactly why I jump on any bulk offers for cheap glass wine bottles. Buying them new isn't an option.

Unfortunately plastic bottles aren't an option for me. I brew a heck of a lot of wine so I can age a good proportion of it for 2-5 years. Just doesn't work in plastic. Great if you plan to use a wine kit within a year I guess.

But it's like the vine Co kits I just brewed. They taste good but I know they will be phenomenal if left to age past 18 months.

I wish I had a cellar i have around 200 bottled bottles and around another 150 waiting to be bottled on my spare room of my flat 😅

Haha the cellar is a new addition. Me and the fiance just bought our first house and I made sure a cellar was on the list.

Transporting all my home brew to the new house taken longer than getting all our belongings in!

Haha the cellar is a new addition. Me and the fiance just bought our first house and I made sure a cellar was on the list.

Transporting all my home brew to the new house taken longer than getting all our belongings in!
I'm moving this week, I've been bubble wrapping bottles for the last 6 hours myself hahaah its hard work but I'm not risking losing so many if we have to brake hard 😅

I love apricots yet to do a wine with them tho I keep forgetting they exist when I go shopping
Did one many years ago and came out looking like water.... tasted a lot stronger lol, think it came out at about 14 %.
Just head to the tinned friut section and you'll go Ahhhh... yes need some Apricots lol.
Hope you remember to remember. 😁😁😁😎

Did one many years ago and came out looking like water.... tasted a lot stronger lol, think it came out at about 14 %.
Just head to the tinned friut section and you'll go Ahhhh... yes need some Apricots lol.
Hope you remember to remember. 😁😁😁😎
Thankyou for remembering to help me remember to remember 😅

Thanks. I'm going to do this one plus the same but using tinned Apricots. 😎

Yes it's the 410g ones!

Give it a try and you won't be disappointed. You can ferment directly on the fruit mash if you want but fermentation will take much longer and clearing will again take much longer.

I make a concentrate out of the peaches first because then it ferments out really fast. 4-7 days fast compared to a month.

If you do decide to ferment on the mash just expect numerous rackings off after primary.

Yes it's the 410g ones!

Give it a try and you won't be disappointed. You can ferment directly on the fruit mash if you want but fermentation will take much longer and clearing will again take much longer.

I make a concentrate out of the peaches first because then it ferments out really fast. 4-7 days fast compared to a month.

If you do decide to ferment on the mash just expect numerous rackings off after primary.
I fermented the Apricot on the pulp but as you say it's a pain. Think I'll try your way. Is it crystal clear or just a bit hazey? it's hard to tell from the photo's. Looks very good. How long are you going to lay it for?
Glad to see you got your 300 bottles in the end and not a bad price either, nice one.🥂

Latest posts

Back