Easy Keg 5L - 15% Discount.

Discussion in 'Sponsors' started by Gareth Davies, May 11, 2018.

Help Support The Homebrew Forum UK by donating using the link above.
  1. May 11, 2018 #1

Gareth Davies

Gareth Davies

Gareth Davies

THBF Sponsor THBF Sponsor

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2018
    treebeard and mickthetrick like this.
  2. May 16, 2018 #2

treebeard

treebeard

treebeard

Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I have the 10L version, it's a great bit of kit and the quality is excellent.
    IMG_1838 2.jpg

3. May 16, 2018 #3

Saisonator

Saisonator

Saisonator

Regular. Supporting Member

Great work with the website.
    Looks really innovative and polished.

4. May 16, 2018 #4

lagerlad

lagerlad

lagerlad

the 10 litre looks great how long do the co2 cartridges last and how much are they(the cartridges) cheers lagerlad

5. May 16, 2018 #5

treebeard

treebeard

treebeard

This is my first go at kegging so I'm no expert. Mine used 1 cartridge carbonating (11PSI for 7 days) plus initial purging when it was filled and a couple of pints at serving pressure (2-3 PSI) which seemed reasonable to me as the beer will have absorbed co2. My second cartridge, this is a guess as I can't remember exactly how much I've had from it, 2-3 litres? and it's still ok and maintaining serving pressure. The Malt Miller has the cartridge for £8.75 for 10, however, you may find them cheaper elsewhere.

6. May 16, 2018 #6

lagerlad

lagerlad

lagerlad

cheers treebeard i am going to consider going for this as I have a sankey 20 litre set up but i like to do a half brew when trying new beers so this would be ideal so its either this or a 10 litre sankey this set up has the advantage of being portable though

treebeard likes this.
  7. May 16, 2018 #7

treebeard

treebeard

treebeard

That's exactly why I went for it :thumb:

8. May 16, 2018 #8

Manngold

Manngold

Manngold

These look great and I would snap one up if I hadn't just ordered all the components separately from ebay (I ordered all my components over the last three days and all have been dispatched). Can I ask a couple of questions about your design. I decided to go for a cap that allows you to attach a tap yourself, your version seems to have the tap built in, is there much difference between the two. Also, can you change the tap on your version, I remember reading that a flow control tap is most desirable on a mini keg (not sure how much truth there is in this). I like the fact that your kegs are rated to 60psi, I couldn't find any with anything near that rating.

Thanks

9. May 30, 2018 #9

Gareth Davies

Gareth Davies

Gareth Davies

Great picture! thanks for spreading the word!

10. Jun 7, 2018 #10

Fuzzy-felt

Fuzzy-felt

Fuzzy-felt

I have a couple of similar mini kegs, with what looks to be the exact same ball-lock dispense cap. The dip tube that came with the dispense caps were a pvc tube that you cut to length. I was getting a peculiar taint to the taste of my beer when using these kegs, and discovered that it was the pvc tube that was doing it, so I discarded them (it was immediately apparent when I licked them). I'm still not happy, however, that I've been able to completely get rid of this odd taint that I'm still getting with replacement tube. A few days ago I transferred the last of some beer from a 50L keg to a 9L corny and a 4L mini-keg, and the beer definitely tastes different (tainted) from the mini keg.
    I'm assuming that the set-up you're discussing here uses a similar arrangement for the dip tube, but wondered if anyone else is getting this odd taint that I am getting. Hopefully not, and someone might be able to point me in the direction of the type of tube used so that I might be able to get some. Perhaps there's a stainless steel option?
    I'd appreciate anyone's thoughts on this.

11. Jun 7, 2018 #11

treebeard

treebeard

treebeard

The dip tube with these is silicone tubing, at least mine is. I have not experienced any off flavours. Hope that helps.

12. Jun 7, 2018 #12

Fuzzy-felt

Fuzzy-felt

Fuzzy-felt

Thanks treebeard. On reflection, I recall the dip tube I originally used (that came with the dispense cap) being pretty floppy and a bit opaque, so that sounds more like silicone. I guess I just need to search for something that has a good reputation for not imparting any off-flavour (from the internal and external surface).

13. Jun 7, 2018 #13

Gareth Davies

Gareth Davies

Gareth Davies

Interesting feedback. We have been selling these for a while without any issues. I brew around 40L each month and store within the kegs, some periods for over a 3 months with no taste difference.

14. Jun 7, 2018 #14

treebeard

treebeard

treebeard

Fuzzy-felt states "I have a couple of similar mini kegs" I don't think he is referring to kegs supplied by yourselves. Certainly I have no issues with yours on the flavour front.

Chippy_Tea likes this.
  15. Jun 9, 2018 #15

Fuzzy-felt

Fuzzy-felt

Fuzzy-felt

You are quite right, treebeard. The parts I have are from another supplier, but they look very similar. Is there a certain type or brand of tubing that I could be using for the dip tube in order to deal with my tainted flavour problem, I wonder. I'm now considering a stainless steel capillary tube using a very short piece of 3/8" beer line for connecting the tube to the dispense cap barb.