Easy Keg 5L

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one of the old Beer king taps that takes CO2 cylinders, unfortunately the tube from the tap into the keg has sheared off at the top screw. I have tried gluing with all sorts of glue but it will not hold when the gas is applied.

Does anyone have an old one or any idea where I could get one or maybe a SS tube that would screw on, not sure what the thread size is but was hoping it might be a bit like the Party Star one? It's difficult to get in to measure the size of the fitting or the thread.

Tap.jpg

I have one of the old Beer king taps that takes CO2 cylinders, unfortunately the tube from the tap into the keg has sheared off at the top screw. I have tried gluing with all sorts of glue but it will not hold when the gas is applied.

Does anyone have an old one or any idea where I could get one or maybe a SS tube that would screw on, not sure what the thread size is but was hoping it might be a bit like the Party Star one? It's difficult to get in to measure the size of the fitting or the thread.

Have you tried phoning/emailing Leyland? They do carry spares although don't itemise them on their website. http://www.leyland-home-brew.co.uk/

I got a spare tube for my party star when I bought it as I'd read they could be fragile, so if you're lucky they may stock them for other taps too.

Have you tried phoning/emailing Leyland? They do carry spares although don't itemise them on their website. http://www.leyland-home-brew.co.uk/

I got a spare tube for my party star when I bought it as I'd read they could be fragile, so if you're lucky they may stock them for other taps too.

Emailed them today and they have lots of Fass Frisch spares including tubes for the Beer king, £2.99 so I am getting 2 plus some spare bungs.

Tap saved, thanks for the info!

Hi chaps, I've got a couple of these that I'd like to reuse (originally contained Jaipur).
I've actually binned the bungs though so need to order some more.
Looking at the replacements available, they look like basic tapered rubber bungs? Is this adequate for when the beer is carbonating? Or am I looking at the wrong bungs?
I need quite quickly so might make some at work instead.
Thanks
Gaz

Hi chaps, I've got a couple of these that I'd like to reuse (originally contained Jaipur).
Looking at the replacements available, they look like basic tapered rubber bungs? Is this adequate for when the beer is carbonating? Or am I looking at the wrong bungs?
Thanks
Gaz

If you're going to use the built in tap you'll want something like these: https://www.brewuk.co.uk/easy-keg-bung.html

Cheers mate, ordered a couple.
Was gonna order another easy keg as well but it would have added another £3 on the delivery then the price of the easy keg= nearly a tenner. Might as well get another keg of Jaipur for £11 more and get it full of beer 😂

Cheers mate, ordered a couple.
Was gonna order another easy keg as well but it would have added another £3 on the delivery then the price of the easy keg= nearly a tenner. Might as well get another keg of Jaipur for £11 more and get it full of beer 😂
Where prey tell are you able to get a keg of Jaipur for £11? Colour me intrigued! 😁

Thanks
Gaz

If you get the grey ones from Leyland you will see that they are tapered insert with a flange so the internal pressure will push it against the bung forming the seal and keeping the gas in. Easily pushed in by a tap though.

My problem (with my broken tap)was caused by trying to push the tap into a bung that was actually a vent that did not push in and was meant to be simply pulled back to break the vacuum.

Where prey tell are you able to get a keg of Jaipur for £11? Colour me intrigued! 😁
£11 extra 😉
The cost of an easy keg with postage would have been around a tenner. A 5ltr keg of Jaipur is £21 so an extra £11 for nearly 9 pints is a no brainer 👍

Direct from them

http://cellarandkitchen.adnams.co.uk/catalog/category/mini-casks

Plus on the website there is an option to subscribe and you save £5 on your order. Bloody hell that's a good deal, may to have to get myself some. Anyone tried their Mosiac Pale ale

Thanks Leon.
It's a shame they don't mix and match. If I spent £210 SWMBO may (scratch that, WILL) murder me to death. :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adnams are doing two mini kegs for �£30 with free delivery

As they're cask conditioned, there's also the bonus of being able to harvest the Admans strain of yeast. It's a duel strain so I dont know how much you'll be able to re-pitch before one of the strains 'over takes' the other and you no longer end up with the original dual strain

I think I've totally overprimed my Belgian pale. I've had 4 glasses out of it and I'm still getting it looking like this and having to let it settle and top up about 4 or 5 times before I get a full glass!

IMG_1653.jpg

I think I've totally overprimed my Belgian pale. I've had 4 glasses out of it and I'm still getting it looking like this and having to let it settle and top up about 4 or 5 times before I get a full glass!

I'm getting this eventually though, which looks pretty good:

IMG_1652.jpg

Back