Quantcast

Easy Keg 5L

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

MagnusTS

Reaction score
Quick question re the Party Star:

I've finished my 1st keg using this (a shop bought keg of Ghost Ship)
All went well, last pint was maybe a little flat.

What do I do now?
Do I just pull the whole thing out of the empty keg, with the CO2 still attached,
or do I take the CO2 off 1st?

Leon103

Landlord.
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Quick question re the Party Star:

I've finished my 1st keg using this (a shop bought keg of Ghost Ship)
All went well, last pint was maybe a little flat.

What do I do now?
Do I just pull the whole thing out of the empty keg, with the CO2 still attached,
or do I take the CO2 off 1st?
I don't think it matters as the co2 would have emptied into the keg already

MagnusTS

Reaction score
I don't think it matters as the co2 would have emptied into the keg already
I think there might be some left. I had it on the lowest setting and just blasted a bit in when the pouring got slow. It still makes a noise when I open up the valve.

Wynne

Reaction score
Just ensure the CO2 is off and pull the tap out. I found that I could get about 11/2 x 5 litre kegs dispensed with one 12g CO2 cartridge.
I found that a carbonation cap for PET bottles (without the middle bit) will screw on instead of the CO2 cover and have used CO2 from a Sodatream cylinder with my Party Star tap. When using it with homebrew be careful to ensure there are no hop fragments in the beer as they can block a Party Star.

Leon103

Landlord.
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I think there might be some left. I had it on the lowest setting and just blasted a bit in when the pouring got slow. It still makes a noise when I open up the valve.
It must have been different to the one I had. There was no settings

MagnusTS

Reaction score
Just ensure the CO2 is off and pull the tap out. I found that I could get about 11/2 x 5 litre kegs dispensed with one 12g CO2 cartridge.
I found that a carbonation cap for PET bottles (without the middle bit) will screw on instead of the CO2 cover and have used CO2 from a Sodatream cylinder with my Party Star tap. When using it with homebrew be careful to ensure there are no hop fragments in the beer as they can block a Party Star.
Thanks. Good tips re CO2 and hops.