Ebay suxx

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arcs

Landlord.
Reaction score
This is just a warning to you guys. I sold something over the xmas period in good faith and described fully to the best that it could be with a 'no' returns on the auction. The lying thieving bastid lied his ass off and still they ruled in his favour despite breaking ebay policy that you cannot return something on a no returns simply because you do not like it. Therefore you end up stumping x 2 postage and then having an arguement and presenting further proof with paypal just to get your postage back. This also causes loss of time etc. Time not paid for by them. They advertise the postage as postage and packaging when it's you that stumps for the packaging and then you are out of pocket until the mess is over with despite you selling something legally, they took their stump out of the sale, then blame you for something you did right but end up being in the wrong. I am sorry, but I am done with these bastids, especially when an attempt to not just make money out of me, but then try represent the buyer as Saint Godwin or Odin or sommat when he's a lying bastid. So no sale and then either eat it because it's not worth the bother with paypal and their buyer seller protection. Exactly what does it protect? Nothing as far as I can see. The buyer can send it back, get his money or attempt to and then have royal mail lose the item (most don't pay out for tracking as they are too tight). Thus the only winner is ebay because of the insurance policy with the delivery system and its insurance. Sorry but as far as I am concerned the whole thing is a scam. You go to an auction, you buy something you pay for it, don't like it tough then sell it on. But ebay provides way too much protection for buyers and none for sellers. So I am just posting this to tell yer to beware of this thieving bastid platform that makes money off the poor. It's finished as a platform for me after years of trusting it. So, just to note, if I wanna sell some old PB's I'll offer them here for buttons when I wanna get rid. And I'll buy when I can afford some corny kegs of one of you guys, I'd rather trust yer than that shower of shi*** >< Don't use ebay, find a better platform imho. I'd rather use Brew2bottle than that shower of sh*** because it does what it says on the tin =)

eBay is a platform where you can win or lose in disputes. What you have to take into consideration is have you made more money off eBay than you have lost?
A few years ago it was easy to make good money from eBay, once the Chinese got involved, knowing full well that most goods sold on there are from China. They cut the price down to the bone and offer free shipping, as far as I was concerned that was the end for me. Only really use them now for selling orchids.

I made nowt, I gave them custom as a buyer and sold erm 'two item's' which they put a hold on for weeks because of their policy. I bought loads of items ie rep of 268 - I know that may not sound much to a seller on whole level scale but for me that's enough. I recently had a contract with origin broadband for 3 years and the duration of which every day had multiple outtages and never a refund. So now for me, I care not for credit ratings as I am old man that doesn't borrow money. When this happens, they get booted and they don't get paid. I took this stand earlier last year and I see it again with this shower and well, nope, it's just not happening and didn't and I have had not one letter demanding money since because they know they were in the wrong and taking the pi$$. And funny how the funds in my paypal acc were released when ebay decided for the buyer, surely this is messed up, I mean, they decided to refund him after the dispute and the money was on hold. As far as I am concerned, that's my cash in my acc, he's sent it back with no tracking. So I can deny receiving it and I won't accept it from the postie if it does arrive which has a high likely of it not happening. The acc will be closed, tough on the buyer, it will get sent back to him and he will learn that crying and lying gets him nowhere when a legit sale was made and then he decides after a no return sale, even though he didn't read the description properly will get him no where but his property back. Ebay can't do sh...neither can the small claims court either. That's how infuriated I am, he lied and said all sorts of stuff which was never said, he was proven wrong time and time again and still Ebay blah blah blah. I am a former journalist by trade, calling me a liar is not a good start if ever to make one and I was only ever caught out once because I told the truth and Levi Tafari didn't like what I said which was quoted from his back side mouth on a dictaphone. So ebay loses a good customer, the dood gets his item back and I get my money and I get to tell the truth about ebay and it ripping off countless accounts with it's pos policy which amounts to nothing. Ebay had its use when the stores were not online but there are many platforms now that do this sort of thing. I made a legitimate sale, the dood gets to wear it regardless of ebay policy. And I can just deny that I even received it as he said he despatched it on new years day (lawl like sure he did) with no tracking. Two months later, buyer gets no money, no item no nada and tells him to claim it on the insurance. Hence where I highlight what does ebay protect exactly on both the buyer and seller. POS platform all round. DO NOT USE!

Worse still, dood is in tier 4, shouldn't even be leaving his home neither, but once a liar, always a aliar, will do what ever it takes to save his bacon. Gimp.

I stopped selling on ebay many years ago. you used to be able to make a living or profit from it. As the complaints system increased in power so did the abusers of that system. I dont think it is possible to make a reasonable living from it without incurring considerable costs or losses. Personally If i have any thing to sell or worth selling i try facebook for two weeks and then skip it. I fine that ebay is uneconomical for a tiny one personal seller as i cant fight the abusers or lose costs in the vast profit line of a company. I also hate paypal after they ripped me off and stole money from me, fully supported by ebay in doing so.

I also never use amazon any more either, again due to the corruption of the system

Market Place, Gum Tree are good places to sell though Gum Tree is owned by eBay. Everyone is aware of Alibaba, Ali Express the days of making money off eBay is defunct. Don't write them off completely they are handy for turning **** into cash.

As a buyer I prolly would use Amazon not that I ever have, the savings between ebay and amazon are relatively minor for me these days and I have most things I want anyway. I just wanted rid of some small bits of **** i got ripped off of trying to sell them cheaper and then got also accused of being a scammer because i told the truth during dispute of where the item originally came from 'despite informing him of how much more it cost me and that I didn't take the photos as I don't have a camera and lifted them from the point of sale' ie wish.com. What this terd doesn't realise is like you sellers put their items on multiple platforms to maximise sales. Making me out to be some sort of scammer because I wanted to recoup money from an item I did not want yet advertised to holy hell properly - much more than its place of origin - not that it mattered he didn't read anyway but still had the balls to say it wasn't as described errr? so if you didn't read how can you complain the item is being sold as not as described and that I was being untruthful??! Lawl, some people! Like I said, every time i pointed him wrong he just shut up and found another excuse and even more lies to substantiate his claim. To which ebay agreed with without justifying their decision either. POS platform, DO NOT USE. I really don't envy you though being a seller of wares on platforms like these given my experience :C

And I am not a full time seller as stated earlier, i sold two items and went through hell just to even get a few quid back. DO NOT USE!

And I am not a full time seller as stated earlier, i sold two items and went through hell just to even get a few quid back. DO NOT USE!
Settle down sport, use it to your own advantage, don't burn your bridges. I had a dispute where I had man handled the customer and still won, even though he had a witness to what occurred. In life you win some and you lose some. Take it in your stride. Not worth getting upset over.

Aye! But still, not givin the money back, acc will close, as will the paypal acc in a few hours. Still got one item for sale for which I got burned from because the seller I bought from on ebay which uses the same photo on wish for the same item sent me the wrong colour. Taiwan based seller, too long to wait for cash. No sale, going to charity shop later in the week =) That's how strongly I feel about this, there's only one peep I want out of pocket on this matter and that's ebay. Can ban my acc by all means. But my advice is do not use and find a better platform with a reasonbly better policy. Cheers Foxy =)

Aye! But still, not givin the money back, acc will close, as will the paypal acc in a few hours. Still got one item for sale for which I got burned from because the seller I bought from on ebay which uses the same photo on wish for the same item sent me the wrong colour. Taiwan based seller, too long to wait for cash. No sale, going to charity shop later in the week =) That's how strongly I feel about this, there's only one peep I want out of pocket on this matter and that's ebay. Can ban my acc by all means. But my advice is do not use and find a better platform with a reasonbly better policy. Cheers Foxy =)
These days eBay is set up to protect buyers not sellers. I sold an iPhone recently, perfect condition, boxed with charger, cable, and unused unopened headphones. After a month I got the email saying buyer wanted to return faulty goods, I was vey surprised but the buyer did not return my emails. Even though the item was listed as no returns this does not prevent buyers from returning the goods. The buyer claimed the screen wasn’t working. The phone was sent back with the worst aftermarket screen protector I have ever seen, which was the cause of the problem, the phone was scratched and the charger, cable and headphones were missing. The return process blocks your PayPal account so you are forced to make a full refund. To make matters worse I noticed the buyer was a cartridge world store who buy second hand phones and resell them. I suspect they sold the phone, then some moron returned it with the screen protector on, cartridge world just lied and returned it to me knowing eBay will refund their money. Despite me pointing all this out to eBay via phone they did nothing as their policy is to protect buyers regardless.

Nice mate, from what i understand it is within my rights to refuse (I have spent the last hour reading on this) the package as i never asked for it and there's nothing they can do. As I said, paypal closed in a couple of hours, as will my ebay acc, package will be refursed therefore returned to sender, or he gets nothing. Ebay access to my BA will be blocked, so the whole exercise is a futile waste of time imo. They have no legal power to do anything either. Especially for items < 50 which this was. Everything i want in the future i will get from either amazon, wish or ali express - tbh wish is mostly ok despite what some say, just stay away from clothing and ur mostly good. I am only after archery stuff and corney kegs from now on anyway xD

Well PP acc deleted, ebay won't allow closure for 30 days, but acc details deleted so no access to pp or ba xD

I stopped selling on eBay years ago for all the reasons above.

Are there any other auction type sites members trust that don't have the stinking rep eBay now has for screwing sellers.

I used to sell regularly on ebay 10-15 years ago, still buy occasional small things via them. Never had any dispute with buyers / sellers, so will probably continue to use them when necessary.

I have stopped using amazon totally, was initially put off when they changed from being a retailer to a marketplace without announcing it, then when they started tricking people into signing up to prime using small print on the purchase screen and finally when I informed them about scam emails and phone calls I had received, claiming to be from amazon, they totally ignored my concerns and closed my complaint against their customer service (or lack of it), without taking any of the evidence into account. That was when I closed my account and will never use them or any of their ancilliary companies again.

Don't buy anything expensive on any platform nowadays. Last pricey thing I bought was over £10k, certainly wouldn't do that now.
I sell loads on Amazon (for work), but I would never buy there!
Use ebay now and then for cheaper items (sub £100 vehicle parts mainly), but then only if I can't get them elsewhere locally...

I was watching an eBay listing last night... description..
3 X carp rods,and landing net,used but vgc etc..
Buy it now...£199.90
The rods new cost over £400 each and the net probably £200..
It appeared though as I watched it applied to each item and not to the block description as it seemed...the written description didn't state this either,I only sussed it out as it gave those little red messages "one sold in the last hour". Is this normal as listings go as obviously that lot for £200 was too cheap..

Latest posts

Back