Ebay suxx

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still missing the point here tho bud. You can do what you want at your end of an account. But they don't change their own records. Data protection breach tut tut. Just warning peeps ;)
Make a complaint to the ICO? I had a similar dispute with GO DADDY - they said my domain name wouldn't be AUTO RENEWED because my Credit card has expired and I would lose the domain. Fine I thought I don't want the domain anymore, I hate auto renewal and always try to give a card that will expire before next renewal so it can't be charged if expired. However they still took £75 out. - As I paid via credit card I got the credit card company to reclaim my money which they did.

Lots of insurance companies don't let you opt out of auto-renew. Last car insurance I had again said if your card expires we will still renew your policy and invoice you separately. Guess what you can't cancel on line you have to speak to an agent who will try to persuade you to stay. $£%*!!. I save £50 or so each year on renewal by shopping around each year. The insurance industry has become much more 'bent' over the last few years, I think a lot of financial regs forced the scum out of banking and they seem to be moved to insurance asad1

#rant over - Time for a cycle and if I do enough miles treat myself to a beer (who am I kidding - I'm having a beer when I get back :laugh8:)

When I was a teenager, some 15 odd years ago now, Ebay was great. I used to sell loads of old stuff and buy cheap musical equipment, and even in 2007 when I went to uni it was a great place to buy and sell things like guitar pedals. At some point people stopped using it for second hand stuff and it became a second rate Amazon.

Since then I've had some pretty bad experiences as a buyer and seller dealing with really nasty people and generally try and avoid it unless I'm buying something new or from a reputable seller.

Latest posts

Back