Edward Colston statue case could be sent to appeal court

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should the four accused have been found guilty?

• Yes - criminal damage is criminal damage there were other legal ways to get it removed.

• No - the statue was a hate crime and it was therefore not an offence to remove it.

Results are only viewable after voting.
If you read the report you will find that the he was punched in the mouth twice when he asked them to move the car the owner of the car had at least 7 lagers and were acting erratically, all they had to do was move their car. I would also have done the same

I did read it.

The responses here are actually quite amusing in the context of this whole thread.

I said this when Chippy posted the short video in another thread: technically, he could have retreated to his house and called the police. Either way, I don't blame the guy.
I would have preferred he be referred to as the "Ford Fiesta Flip Farmer" regardless of the make and model of the vehicle.
What's with the claim of going to walk over 50 miles? Even when trained for a marathon, I don't know if I could have walked that far. At 15 minutes per mile (pretty good clip and sober), that's over half a day.

I did read it.

The responses here are actually quite amusing in the context of this whole thread.
We would also have had the charges against us dismissed the moral is do not park in somebody else's land and if you are given the opportunity to remove it take that option and not to attack people

We would also have had the charges against us dismissed the moral is do not park in somebody else's land and if you are given the opportunity to remove it take that option and not to attack people

As I said.

If we re-read this thread from the beginning, but with our thoughts on the farmer case in our mind, and keep those views there as we read some of the takes on what the Colston case can mean for society and our actions, it's amusing.

Back