Eldeflower and raspberry champagne.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diesel1

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just thought I would show you 25L (of 75L!) of my elderflower and raspberry champagne. Actually there are 25L of elderflower and raspberry (ASDA frozen), 25L of elderflower and summer fruits (ASDA frozen) and 25L of elderflower and forest fruits (ASDA frozen!).

I have racked it all and will bottle it this week. I am doing 1L and 500ml bottles of this and I am not looking forward to spooning all that sugar into the bottles! I have 2Kg of sugar with a vanilla pod infusing in it. That should add a nice top note to the champagne.

All the best,

Diesel1.

It is very easy,

For 25L...

Around 40 heads of elderflower. I used a carrier bag stuffed to the brim for my 75L. If you like elderflower then stuff as much in as you like!

4-5Kg sugar
4 lemons, rolled (roll them under pressure to loosen the juice!) and sliced
Wine or champagne yeast
Pectolase
Yeast nutrient
Any fruit you would like to add: Banana, raspberry, strawberry, blackberries,... add around 500g unless you want the fruit to be the stronger flavour.
Water to make 25-28 litres

In the past I have added honey, paprika, chillies, cinnamon, ginger, white and black pepper, rosemary and jasmine flowers.

All the best,

Diesel1.

It is very easy,

For 25L...

Around 40 heads of elderflower. I used a carrier bag stuffed to the brim for my 75L. If you like elderflower then stuff as much in as you like!

4-5Kg sugar
4 lemons, rolled (roll them under pressure to loosen the juice!) and sliced
Wine or champagne yeast
Pectolase
Yeast nutrient
Any fruit you would like to add: Banana, raspberry, strawberry, blackberries,... add around 500g unless you want the fruit to be the stronger flavour.
Water to make 25-28 litres

In the past I have added honey, paprika, chillies, cinnamon, ginger, white and black pepper, rosemary and jasmine flowers.

All the best,

Diesel1.
I'm new to all this but would love to try this do you have instructions hun x

Welcome to the forum Sally.
This was posted Aug 22, 2015 and his last visit was Apr 1, 2018 maybe best starting a thread asking for a recipe.

Latest posts

Back