Elderflower and raspberry champagne

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sallyjsmart

Reaction score
I'm new to all this and no experience lol but looking for a elderflower and raspberry champagne recipe please

Sally,

Basic recipe for elderflower champagne is:

For a 20 litre batch

160g of white sugar per litre of water, i.e. 3.2kg,
4 lemons zested and juiced, or more if you like lemons,
1 elderflower head per litre. Pick them on a sunny morning you get more pollen / flavour.
1 sachet of either champagne yeast, sparkling white wine yeast or cider yeast,
1 tsp of yeast nutrient.

As for raspberries I would say as many as you like. I would blitz them in a food process and add to the fermenting vessel. I would add at least 500g.

Alternatively you could use Lowicz Raspberry Syrup. Most supermarkets sell it in their Polish / World food section. It’s high in sugar and has around 330g in a 400ml bottle, so you may want to knock back the white sugar accordingly. I’ve used 1 bottle per 10 litres in Raspberry Turbo Cider, and it gives a good flavour to that. It’s typically about £1.20 to £1.50 a bottle.

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/263204408
When you start tinkering with recipes it’s finding what works for you.

Once bottled and carbonated all brews will mature with time, so patience is your friend.

Some elderflower champagne recipes have 4 tablespoons of white wine vinegar in them, but I don’t know why. I’ve never put it in, in batches I’ve made. I’ve asked the question on this forum why it is used. I’ll let you know if I get an answer.

Good luck

Sally,

Basic recipe for elderflower champagne is:

For a 20 litre batch

160g of white sugar per litre of water, i.e. 3.2kg,
4 lemons zested and juiced, or more if you like lemons,
1 elderflower head per litre. Pick them on a sunny morning you get more pollen / flavour.
1 sachet of either champagne yeast, sparkling white wine yeast or cider yeast,
1 tsp of yeast nutrient.

As for raspberries I would say as many as you like. I would blitz them in a food process and add to the fermenting vessel. I would add at least 500g.

Alternatively you could use Lowicz Raspberry Syrup. Most supermarkets sell it in their Polish / World food section. It’s high in sugar and has around 330g in a 400ml bottle, so you may want to knock back the white sugar accordingly. I’ve used 1 bottle per 10 litres in Raspberry Turbo Cider, and it gives a good flavour to that. It’s typically about £1.20 to £1.50 a bottle.

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/263204408
When you start tinkering with recipes it’s finding what works for you.

Once bottled and carbonated all brews will mature with time, so patience is your friend.

Some elderflower champagne recipes have 4 tablespoons of white wine vinegar in them, but I don’t know why. I’ve never put it in, in batches I’ve made. I’ve asked the question on this forum why it is used. I’ll let you know if I get an answer.

Good luck
Ahh thanks hunny xx

Latest posts

Back