Elderflower champagne

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cha

Reaction score
Hi iv got 22 litres of elderflower champagne brewing I was wondering if you can make elderflower champagne from frozen elderflowers

Hi Cha,

Judging by the lack of reply till now I guess the answer isn't generally known. When I was doing R&D on developing a commercial elderflower champagne I tried all manner of ways to make it. Freezing and freeze drying came into the mix. They were acceptable methods, yes. Indeed there might be some advantages in that the freezing would release more of the aromatic compounds and deeper flavours by rupturing the cell walls. For more info on my wines if you want you could find a link in Elderflower Champagne not sparkling - OK to use carbonation drops? .

Hi Cha,

Judging by the lack of reply till now I guess the answer isn't generally known. When I was doing R&D on developing a commercial elderflower champagne I tried all manner of ways to make it. Freezing and freeze drying came into the mix. They were acceptable methods, yes. Indeed there might be some advantages in that the freezing would release more of the aromatic compounds and deeper flavours by rupturing the cell walls. For more info on my wines if you want you could find a link in Elderflower Champagne not sparkling - OK to use carbonation drops? .
Hi Cha,

Hi Cha,

Hi Richard i was wondering have you ever made raspberry cider iv started on to day sum advice would be much appreciated

Oooh, tell me more. Sounds great. What recipe are you following? What questions might you have?

I've made a cider or two and used a number of different berries in various fermentations. I try to apply scientific principles when appropriate and this allows one to move from one type of alcoholic beverage to another. It might be useful to take a read through something like Rhubarb wine and Rhubarb sparkling wine | Wine recipes | Renegade blog that I wrote this year as some of the ideas would be applicable to other drinks like fruit ciders.

I’m not following a recipe I’m playing this like elderflower champagne to see how it turns out

IMG_20211029_202059.jpg
hi all , pink elderflower champagne, made earlier this year but only bottled a few weeks ago,I used 12.5g sugar per 750 ml bottle.I fitted the bottles with swing top caps as recommended by and many thanks to @An Ankoù they work great and the champers is delicious,great aroma and plenty of elderflower taste. Cheers

Back