Elections.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are becoming a one party country. The lib dems are largely forgotten about and the Labour Party is heading the same way. Its all well and good saying you want to stand up for the working class; but that needs to be reflected in clear, coherent policy. Starmer doesn't seem to have been able up until now to drag the Party to a point where people are wanting to vote for them.
We have become a nation which hates everybody, but especially each other. Welcome to Mr Sleazy-Weazy's Party. You'll need a drink or two.

1620461151200.png

When he got elected as party leader I forecast he wouldn't do any good, he looks weak and acts weak. What you want is a Paul Keating, some one who can dish it out in parliament.
This is what I was getting at when I said whiney. Perhaps that wasn’t the right word. However, he just looks weak by his facial expressions. Perhaps that just means he is genuine. Either way, I don’t think it’s helping him.

I’m not sure the the phrase ‘working class’ is at all relevant today. It used to be defined as unskilled industrial manual workers.
Maybe it's still relevant but the work needs describing differently? Delivery driver, warehouse operative, zero hours contract, trades, hospitality, care, manual labour etc.

Maybe it's still relevant but the work needs describing differently? Delivery driver, warehouse operative, zero hours contract, trades, hospitality, care, manual labour etc.
Very sensible. All those, in fact, who could easily be exploited by an unscrupulous employer.

It's funny, Labour, and the metropolitan left generally, have spent the last few years helpfully explaining to us how hateful, thick, racist and generally awful we all are, and what a terrible, terrible place the UK has become, yet in a display of staggering ungratefulness, we failed to elect them into office.

It's funny, Labour, and the metropolitan left generally, have spent the last few years helpfully explaining to us how hateful, thick, racist and generally awful we all are, and what a terrible, terrible place the UK has become, yet in a display of staggering ungratefulness, we failed to elect them into office.
Have they really done that though? I see a lot of right wing propaganda which suggests that this is what Labour does. I don't hear Starmer or Nandy or any of the others saying anything of the sort, tbh.

Who seems more trustworthy and concerned about the working classes - Boris Johnson, or Lisa Nandy? Who seems more working class?

Yes, that must be it. Nasty right wing propaganda. Silly working class people getting taken in by it.

When will they learn that Starmer and Co only have their best interests at heart and know what's best for them? I mean, for goodness sake, Boris went to Eton, he must be evil, whereas Kier was good enough to put up an arch remainer in leave voting Hartlepool to help them understand what an error they had made, and the idiots didn't vote for him. I mean, how stupid are some people, eh?

Now, about those statues.....

Yes, that must be it. Nasty right wing propaganda. Silly working class people getting taken in by it.

When will they learn that Starmer and Co only have their best interests at heart and know what's best for them? I mean, for goodness sake, Boris went to Eton, he must be evil, whereas Kier was good enough to put up an arch remainer in leave voting Hartlepool to help them understand what an error they had made, and the idiots didn't vote for him. I mean, how stupid are some people, eh?

Now, about those statues.....
I think there is truth on both sides. Hating Labour and accusing them of all this stuff smacks of a strong bias and a lack of balance to me. Do you think Boris and his cronies don't have their own best interests at heart? Starmer didn't put up a remainer to help them understand what an error they had made, he did he cos he felt the person involved would be a good MP. The reaction to him is a sign of how indignant the Brexit voters are, perhaps? It seems like a lack of objectivity to me. A lot pof hating going on, unnecessarily. Has Starmer said the idiots didn't vote for him? No, quite the opposite. You are seeing it exactly how you want to see it is and not how it actually is, IMO. You seem like a caricature Brexiter. Just as bad as a caricature Remainer, two sides of the same problem. I vote Labour, I had no strong view on Brexit either way, i just wanted it over and done with. Far more fuss than was justified. Became a class war, and people have aligned Labour with the middle class remainers. Labour should have handled that better, but the truth is more complex than you are making it out to be.

Ok, fair enough. I have to admit that, being more Nozick than left or right, I find it incredibly easy to take the Micky out of our politicians. You have to understand, I'm pulling your leg somewhat.

Labour do come across as arrogant, Starmer especially so, and don't seem to focus at all on the issues that many of the electorate seem to care about. I find it difficult to take a party seriously that has the likes of Zarah Sultana and Nadia Whittome spouting their sixth form level drivel at everybody.

Perhaps things might improve if they listened to people like Paul Emmery?

Anyhows, I appear to have offended you, so I owe you an apology for that.

The problem is that no one in the Labour Party is actually a working class person, so where you have a party supposed to represent the working class which chooses to ignore and deride the working class, this is the result. They focus on the metropolitan woke elites and most ordinary people have no truck with their issues, especially with the types who are constantly offended. So the leadership got what it deserved, and maybe when Labour decides to align itself to the causes it was set up to represent originally, maybe that will change. Maybe.

I’m not sure the the phrase ‘working class’ is at all relevant today. It used to be defined as unskilled industrial manual workers.
[/QUO
There is still a sizable amount of unskilled or semi skilled workers around.

Latest posts

Back