• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to The Homebrew Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Electric 2V Recirculating System - for Sale

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrT

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've finally made the decision to sell my lovely brewing system, I'm going to be selling hot side and cold side separately, so look out for another listing for the fermenting & serving side!
As my family has grown and my job has taken off over the last few years, I've had less and less time to brew - I actually haven't brewed for over a year now, so it's sadly time for it to go.
I'm much more keen for the setup to go to someone that will make great use of it and produce some amazing beers, than maximising what I can sell it for. I've made all sorts of beers over the years that I've been really proud of with this system, so I hope that continues!

The system is an all-electric, 2V recirculating system, modelled on a Blichmann BrewEasy.
The vessels are 70L & 33L, so good for pretty standard homebrew-sized batches of up to 25L.
Temperature is automatically controlled by a PID; neatly installed inside a control box.
I've built the whole system with simplicity and safety in mind. There actually is a separate ground line hard-wired to the boil kettle.

It's mainly stainless steel construction and I've used high-quality components everywhere. All food-grade where liquid contacts.

As a short description of the setup; During mash phase, the liquor is continuously recirculated between the top and bottom vessels. There is a control box that fires the heating elements in the bottom vessel just enough to keep the whole system at the temperature you set for different mash stages. Included are 2 temperature probes, one on the pump output and one that can be placed anywhere inline - both neatly fitted with XLRs, for easy connection to the control box.

Once the mash phase is complete, all the wort drains into the bottom vessel (boil kettle) for the boiling phase. There are 2 kettle elements fitted, so plenty of boil power is available.

The upper vessel (mash tun) then can be put to one side for emptying spent grain and cleaning.

Sorry for such a basic explanation around folks who are much more knowledgeable than I!

I think that images will be much more useful than written descriptions, so I'll post a good amount of images up. If you have any questions, please post and I'll try to reply asap!

I got everything out yesterday, gave it all a good clean and fired it up, to make sure everything is working, which it is.

The only thing that is missing from this setup is a wort cooler. I actually loaned mine to a friend over a year ago and don't have the heart to ask for it back now. You can find a variety of fantastic wort coolers for sale, or make your own pretty easily (plenty of good advice & how-tos on this forum etc)
If I was to carry on brewing, I'd replace the pump too. This little guy works great, but there's no harm in having a more powerful and slightly more 'professional' looking one.

Obviously with any brewing setup involving electricity and water, there are dangers involved if you're not careful. I would say that if you're not quite sure of what you're doing yet, you'll find excellent information and advice on this forum - do your research first. I am selling this system as is, on the basis that whoever purchases knows what they're doing and therefore I cannot be held accountable for any possible accident or injury that comes from use. I've always been very careful and used RCDs etc. Sorry to be serious for a moment, but any electric brewing system absolutely should be treated with full respect.

There are quite a lot of accessories included with this, you can see from the pictures that it all packs down into a fairly compact space though. All of the brewing accessories (not the garden furniture :laugh8:) in the pictures are included in this sale.

I'm not going to put a starting price up, I'll just say that I'll consider any sensible offers.
I'm based in Highgate, North London. I do drive, so could possibly help with transporting the setup if needs be.

All the best and cheers :cheers7:

Ben

Bump!

Any takers at £300?

If anyone is interested in both, I'd be happy say £750 all in.

Back