Quantcast

Electric Beer Dispenser

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

MagnusTS

Reaction score
My lad is looking at buying one of these so that he and his mates can dispense cold beer.

Am I right in thinking that this is just a fancy way of chilling and dispensing from one of those 5L kegs that you can buy in a supermarket?

Do you think that it is possible to fill an empty 5L keg with home-brew and use that in one of these machines?

Screen Shot 2020-12-27 at 13.07.35.png

lupinehorror

Landlord.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My lad is looking at buying one of these so that he and his mates can dispense cold beer.

Am I right in thinking that this is just a fancy way of chilling and dispensing from one of those 5L kegs that you can buy in a supermarket?

Do you think that it is possible to fill an empty 5L keg with home-brew and use that in one of these machines?

View attachment 38391
it is possible to refill those supermatket kegs but i believe there are reports of a metallic taint after the same barrel has been used a couple of times.

MagnusTS

Reaction score
It gets some poor ratings on Amazon.
I saw those and that's what made me nervous.
But re-reading them, I think the main concern is that you can't fit them to a supermarket 5l keg, because there is no hole in the keg's top bung. I 'think' that might not be a problem if you are using for home-brew and have replaced the top bung with one of those reusable bungs?

RichardM

Landlord.
Reaction score
I saw those and that's what made me nervous.
But re-reading them, I think the main concern is that you can't fit them to a supermarket 5l keg, because there is no hole in the keg's top bung. I 'think' that might not be a problem if you are using for home-brew and have replaced the top bung with one of those reusable bungs?
These beer dispensers work with supermarket kegs, which can then be repurposed for home brew. They are available a lot cheaper than this if you search. You can also get them branded as Klarstein