electric blankets and fermenters...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashley

Regular.
Reaction score
What with the temperature being as it is at the moment i've noticed it's getting very difficult to keep fv's at the right temp. I have seen the heat belts for sale but could i buy an electric blanket and stand them on there?

Has anyone else tried this?

yes you could, but you may have trouble matching the 1,2,3 type settings on the blanket against temperatures in degrees centigrade. So a 2ndary controller like an stc1000 would be advisable to control the power.

and be carefull afik and its been a few decades since i used a lecky blanket but i seem to recall warnings about not powering on if folded at all?

yes you could, but you may have trouble matching the 1,2,3 type settings on the blanket against temperatures in degrees centigrade. So a 2ndary controller like an stc1000 would be advisable to control the power.

and be carefull afik and its been a few decades since i used a lecky blanket but i seem to recall warnings about not powering on if folded at all?

cool, good advice, i shall conduct some further investigations...

Latest posts

Back