Electric boiler

Discussion in 'General Home Brew Equipment Discussion' started by brucestevenson916, May 16, 2018.

Help Support The Homebrew Forum UK by donating using the link above.
  1. May 16, 2018 #1

brucestevenson916

brucestevenson916

brucestevenson916

Beer Apprentice

Hi,

I want to just buy an electric wort boiler.

Anyone know a good place to buy one? So far I've got prices from £150-£400 depending on where you shop.

Looking for it to be
    -60-70 ltrs
    -insulated like a mash tun
    -2 electric elements with thermostat control (preferably digital)
    -temp gauge inside a Thermowell
    -hop filter/bazooka
    -ball valve drain with some form of quick disconnect, thinking tri-clamp
    -I live in Scotland, not that that will make much of a difference.

Since this one will be a keeper, I want it to look really nice as it's going to be on display rather than hidden away after use.

Any help will be appreciated guys :)

2. May 16, 2018 #2

simon12

simon12

simon12

Regular. Supporting Member

Sounds like you want a thermo pot from somewhere like brew builder or angel home brew (there some others I can't think of off the top of my head) they can supply it with all the options you want. I don't see why you want thermostatic control in a boiler just turn 1 element off when it reaches a boil.

3. May 16, 2018 #3

merrydown

merrydown

merrydown

Just an idea, I know this is almost O.T. bearing in mind your specs:

I bought this a couple of weeks ago. I know it is just under your baseline at 56 litres and only has one 2.4K heating element, but it seems decent quality and also includes a 12" Hop Bazooka, Stainless Steel Ball Tap, Sight Glass and Thermometer.

£144 including delivery, so I guess you could afford to add to it, if the boiler is of interest.

I figure you could install a second element if the boiler is big enough for you. The guys in the store would probably drill a hole for and supply a second element for a little extra.

I was going to go for thermostatic control and was on the verge of buying a PID, SSR, Heatsink and probe, then I went for some insulation instead and I guess I will mash that way for my BIAG attempts.

https://www.the-home-brew-shop.co.uk/acatalog/Stainless-Steel-56-Ltr-Electric-Boiler.html

Last edited: May 16, 2018