Electric boiler

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brucestevenson916

Beer Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi,

I want to just buy an electric wort boiler.

Anyone know a good place to buy one? So far I've got prices from £150-£400 depending on where you shop.

Looking for it to be
-60-70 ltrs
-insulated like a mash tun
-2 electric elements with thermostat control (preferably digital)
-temp gauge inside a Thermowell
-hop filter/bazooka
-ball valve drain with some form of quick disconnect, thinking tri-clamp
-I live in Scotland, not that that will make much of a difference.

Since this one will be a keeper, I want it to look really nice as it's going to be on display rather than hidden away after use.

Any help will be appreciated guys :)

Sounds like you want a thermo pot from somewhere like brew builder or angel home brew (there some others I can't think of off the top of my head) they can supply it with all the options you want. I don't see why you want thermostatic control in a boiler just turn 1 element off when it reaches a boil.

Just an idea, I know this is almost O.T. bearing in mind your specs:

I bought this a couple of weeks ago. I know it is just under your baseline at 56 litres and only has one 2.4K heating element, but it seems decent quality and also includes a 12" Hop Bazooka, Stainless Steel Ball Tap, Sight Glass and Thermometer.

£144 including delivery, so I guess you could afford to add to it, if the boiler is of interest.

I figure you could install a second element if the boiler is big enough for you. The guys in the store would probably drill a hole for and supply a second element for a little extra.

I was going to go for thermostatic control and was on the verge of buying a PID, SSR, Heatsink and probe, then I went for some insulation instead and I guess I will mash that way for my BIAG attempts.

https://www.the-home-brew-shop.co.uk/acatalog/Stainless-Steel-56-Ltr-Electric-Boiler.html

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back