Electric Kettle Element Gasket

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keviebaby

Reaction score
Morning people.

I've got a Pico plastic boiler that I got as part of a BIAB setup earlier this year. I've now got a Grainfather and put the Pico to use as a sparge water heater.

However, the gasket for the kettle element has failed and I need a replacement.

I've looked around the usual suspects but can't find where I can get a replacement gasket for one of these. I fully admit that I may just be searching using the wrong description.

If anyone can point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it. It was a bit of a pain yesterday using the litchen kettle and whatever pots I could get on the hob!

Thanks in advance,
KG

Cut one out of an old plastic tub or bottle with some scissors, I've used cardboard at a push as temp fix and it lasted several months and was still ok when replaced.

Cheers guys,

The silicon washers look just the thing. Only problem is it says they are not suitable for petrol, having tasted some of my beers I may need to be careful!:sick::sick::sick:

card, paper, or a plastic template cut from something from the recycle box, wrapped through its eye with ptfe tape round n round 2-3x + will create an 'everlasting gasket. under pressure of screwed down compression and heat the ptfe will seal the inner core tight ;) it works for all sizes an m20 ss washer wrapped in such a way will seal a drain valve hole nicely too..

Latest posts

Back