Electric kettle or stock pot?

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

Jason42

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve got permission to get the Klarstein next month in return for knocking out a quick apple and pineapple turbo cider for herathumb.. Going to use a recipe I’ve seen on here. Actually I’m looking forward to trying it but I won’t let on because she’d find another chore for me to do if she thought I was enjoying it. wink...

Ghillie

Landlord.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's also the option of a Buffalo boiler; I picked up one second hand (but never used) for £40. Perfect for BIAB and more than capable of making competition winning beers.

But I would say just aim high and go big. Just go straight in for an all in one system. I wish I had done that initially. Then if you ever wanted to graduate to a 3V (if you're that way inclined) then you'll be able to flog the now redundant all in one system no bother at all.

hichaechoc

Reaction score
Klarstein stuff is available on Amazon. I've got the 25 litre fermenter which is excellent. Just check how the prices vary here to be sure you're not getting skinned.

Slid

Forum Friend
Reaction score
I decided this was too good to miss and got the 35L unit at £209 to provide "resiliency" for my process, given the problematic GF unit I keep abusing.

Also, I checked out @Horners guide to using the system and it looks pretty robust.

Rodcx500z

Landlord.
Reaction score
That's the idea but it doesn't work all the time' ie pellet hops clog it up twice I have had a sanitised arm in after cooling to lift it out :laugh8: i now have a hop spider and only use leaf hops in it and pellets for dry hopping and hop tea, much better now acheers.

Markk

Regular.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, thanks. I always use Lids fruit bags for my hop pellets anyway. I’m just thinking if I have a false bottom it will mean I can just chuck the hops in in their bags during the boil rather than clip them to the edge of the Peco so the nylon bag doesn’t touch the element.

Rodcx500z

Landlord.
Reaction score
Yeah that would work or a hop spider, mine came with the kettle it has 3 legs so it sits above the tap also had a bazooka filter on the inside of the tap but I ditched that

Markk

Regular.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah that would work or a hop spider, mine came with the kettle it has 3 legs so it sits above the tap also had a bazooka filter on the inside of the tap but I ditched that
Cheers. Just off to Ikea :hat:

Group Builder