Electric kettle or stock pot?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve got permission to get the Klarstein next month in return for knocking out a quick apple and pineapple turbo cider for herathumb.. Going to use a recipe I’ve seen on here. Actually I’m looking forward to trying it but I won’t let on because she’d find another chore for me to do if she thought I was enjoying it. wink...

There's also the option of a Buffalo boiler; I picked up one second hand (but never used) for £40. Perfect for BIAB and more than capable of making competition winning beers.

But I would say just aim high and go big. Just go straight in for an all in one system. I wish I had done that initially. Then if you ever wanted to graduate to a 3V (if you're that way inclined) then you'll be able to flog the now redundant all in one system no bother at all.

Klarstein stuff is available on Amazon. I've got the 25 litre fermenter which is excellent. Just check how the prices vary here to be sure you're not getting skinned.

I decided this was too good to miss and got the 35L unit at £209 to provide "resiliency" for my process, given the problematic GF unit I keep abusing.

Also, I checked out @Horners guide to using the system and it looks pretty robust.

That's the idea but it doesn't work all the time' ie pellet hops clog it up twice I have had a sanitised arm in after cooling to lift it out :laugh8: i now have a hop spider and only use leaf hops in it and pellets for dry hopping and hop tea, much better now acheers.

Ok, thanks. I always use Lids fruit bags for my hop pellets anyway. I’m just thinking if I have a false bottom it will mean I can just chuck the hops in in their bags during the boil rather than clip them to the edge of the Peco so the nylon bag doesn’t touch the element.

I’ve decided to throw in a bit of overtime this month and treat myself to a Klarstein or something similar next monthwink.... If I keep it quiet until it’s too late to argue I think I can get away with it...
Never spent vast amounts on equipment, more than some but, less than many.
As the missus is a beer drinker, so I am brewing for two mouths, I show her two bottles one full and one empty, and I say to her, the empty one is what it would look like if I didn't have this equipment, better said when she has had a few wee heavies, or I will probably get it!! ashock1

Latest posts

Back