Electric Water Heater/Kettle

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
After a bad experience with our carbon monoxide alarm going off during my stove top brewing at the weekend despite having the patio doors and windows open, I have decided that I no longer want to brew indoors on our gas stove. So I am looking for an electric boiler to heat my strike and sparge water and then to perform the boil. I have a separate mash tun so am not necessarily looking for an all in one system. I do 15Ltr batch all grain so I was thinking of a 30Ltr boiler to give adequate head space for 18-19Ltrs in the initial boil. My budget is around £100 (but could stretch to get the right thing) and I wondered what people would recommend based on their experience?

I would prefer stainless steel to plastic and have looked at a few threads and done a bit of research and have been considering the Burco Cygnet 30Ltr but would appreciate thoughts and suggestions related to my situation. Many thanks

Last edited:
I have 2 of these, I use one as my boiler and one as my water heater, they work great and are about £55 from Amazon.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190527_195737.jpg
    Screenshot_20190527_195737.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 91
Peco boiler and a mash bag. I know you said you'd prefer it not be plastic but the Peco boils the water just as well as anything else.

Thank you for the replies so far, I have since been seriously considering upping my budget to get the klarstein fullhorn 30l. This would appear to give me the option to try different brewing techniques such as biab if I decided to in the future without having to purchase further equipment.

Latest posts

Back