Elite stainless fabrications

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dazzler

Reaction score
Hi can anyone recommend or otherwise Elite stainless fabrication and their brewing system.
I am looking at there 100 L 3 pot system but would appreciate any feedback if anyone has bought or used their product before.

Thanks

I had one of there 1BBL breweries and am currently considering buying another. Great bit of kit, ask for a drain on the HLT its about £25 extra and without it you can't drain it fully without running the pump dry also consider asking for longer legs on everything so your not on your knees as much. The only issue we had was if using alot of hops that are a mix of leaf and pellet the filter would clog and the pumps are so powerful it would crush the filter down. The standard 2 x 3KW elements on the 1BBL are a bit slow to get to the boil but the insulation is good enough that 1 keeps the boil going so if I order another I will get 1 x 6KW and 1X3KW.

Thanks for that very helpful, may I ask how long is too long on the boil temps please ?

I can't exactly remember but while sparging we would turn both elements on as soon as there covered then its about 3/4 of an hour until the sparge is finished and I think it took another 3/4ish until it was boiling.

Its not difficult to fabricate a 100l/60, 70, 0r 80l/100l ssystem from Stainless steel stockpots and thermopots.

its been a while since i built my 3v system but £600 is a reasonable budget for all you need (top shelf parts..) from trusted uk suppliers (tho buy the pots from an ebay,fr seller as they are significantly cheaper for the same thing..)

fabrication you need to be able to hold a drill steady to drill holes and use spanners/wrenched to tighten up lock nuts and fittings, and as long as your aware how to wire a plug you should be fine with the electrics.

edit its also doable for significanltly less than £600 taking the kettle element/domestic plumbing fittings in brass and copper route..

with all the bits at hand its an afternnons job :)

Is it worth looking at the powellbrewing.co.uk setups? I know they do a 3 vessel 100l setup with gas burners for under 1k. I eventually went the ace route as I’m a beginner but Powell were extremely helpful answering all my questions very promptly. Their stuff seemed like excellent value

I have only ever dealt with elite for 5-6bbl systems. They built the system Andy uses at Elusive brewing in Reading and he's dead happy with it.

Elite are really good quality and they know what they are doing. You will get a proper quality "pilot" systems that's as near to a commercial system that you can get.

Powell you will get a decent "converted" cook pot system. Which for straight HB is fine.

If your looking at that size and that money just get a 50l Braumeister instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have only ever dealt with elite for 5-6bbl systems. They built the system Andy uses at Elusive brewing in Reading and he's dead happy with it.

Elite are really good quality and they know what they are doing. You will get a proper quality "pilot" systems that's as near to a commercial system that you can get.

Powell you will get a decent "converted" cook pot system. Which for straight HB is fine.

If your looking at that size and that money just get a 50l Braumeister instead.

thanks, Hoddy I think that about sums it up, finding good value in pilot systems at a sensible price point is quite a task, Elite do seem to have produced an excellent product at the right price, after all, bespoke fabrication isn't cheap and it seems to be very very well built.

the best bit is for me is its British made which means something to me.

thanks, Hoddy I think that about sums it up, finding good value in pilot systems at a sensible price point is quite a task, Elite do seem to have produced an excellent product at the right price, after all, bespoke fabrication isn't cheap and it seems to be very very well built.

the best bit is for me is its British made which means something to me.

Happy to share the e-mail address of Karen there if anyone wants to contact them regarding pilot systems.

They are happy for you to visit to see a similar system if they are building a similar sized one in the workshop.

Back