Embracing my inner GEEK

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BrotherMalice said:
Well after a fairly long break I have started playing Games Workshop's Warhammer 40k again, anyone else play?
:oops: . . I've got a Chaos Space Marine Army, and am just starting on a Blood Angel Army . . . Will probably go Tau eventually as well.

The lad has a Dark Angel Army as well

I've got the Assault On Black Reach and Battle For Macragge sets hidden in my wardrobe waiting for The Lad's 10th birthday
Never actually played it myself. Yet. We go and kibbitz at a local club now and then.

We do play BrikWars occasionally - one of my fave bits of YouTube is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smETLCCPTVo

I used to have an Eldar army, but the models got broken. I never bothered repairing them since I mostly played with my best mate from college, and he died from cancer nine years ago.

I was more into fantasy Warhammer TBH.

I am a Magic the Gathering player.

There are not many places colse to me where I can get a game but it is expanding. Its about a 45 min drive for me on a Friday night and tbh beer is more of a call at 8pm on a friday.

I have just got a the Ipda game so may be playing more online once I unlock some decent cards!

I painted the figures for a large collection of Fantasy Warhammer I had, along with many " normal " military figures
I sold a Waterloo scene I had painted for £500 ( kit itself cost £90 )
A very satisfying past time hobby.
However there comes a time in your life when painting eyeballs on some figures with a sable brush with 5 hairs becomes alas impossible, and an army of crosseyed Orcs don't look so threatening or invincible.... :D

Never got around to playing the game tho.

sorry about the quality of the images ( sun on computer screen )

This is a 90mm model of a trooper in 2nd Regt.Red Lancers

the unit that decimated the British Heavy Cavalry at Waterloo

The horse furniture is made out of flattened Colgate toothpaste tube, it used to be made out of thin metal before they went over to goddam plastic !

Blimey oh riley, if there was a list of things I thought I'd see on a brewing forum, this was not one of them I must say!

I've got a mate who keeps trying to get me into it, I can see the fun but it's just never excited me. Which is odd because I usually like my "nerd" activities, pc gaming, programming, fiddling with electronics and what have you.

Mind you, that is a find job there piddledribble.

thank you
closer image now the sun has moved off the screen and I can see something.

piddledribble said:
thank you
closer image now the sun has moved off the screen and I can see something. click on the image.

However its always nice to let your expressions break free with a few Orcs and Ogres..click image

I have an Imperial Guard army but haven't played for a very long time. I may have to start up again in order to find the motivation to finish painting them.

Back