Empty CO2 Canister

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gobaloon

Reaction score
Hello

I bought a empty co2 canister. It doesnt have any test certificate on it and the more I read about it I have nowhere to get it filled up. Most seem to do a free leased model (with deposit) and refill price.

Any ideas? Otherwise a waste of £20.

Thanks

CJ

your main problem is it is not tested thats why a lot of people will not fill it plus they want to sell/rent you a bottle. I used Air Liquid agents who charge a one of for the bottle which is refundable at any time and approx £17 a refill for the 6.35 Kg bottles It has been known for the odd agent to not charge the deposit if you are lucky but they are usually tested for at least 5 years which is plenty of time to use your gas then they exchange for a retested bottle each time that is well in date. If I remember it is in the region of £65 for the deposit ( not a monthly rental as some do)

Very similar to the baron above. I use my local Adams Gas distributor. £55 fully refundable deposit with no time limit and £20 for a 6kg refill.

Thx guys. I use a local BOC supplier. Not sure what I was thinking by buying the canister. O well experience.

Had a quick look

https://www.adamsgas.co.uk/product/carbon-dioxode-co2-gas-refill-6-35kg-for-home-bar/

There's a Sheffield distributor here:

Screenshot_2018-11-20-06-50-49.png

Latest posts

Back