English Independence

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree, I’ve said before that I find it beyond frustrating that millions of people in this country find such self-serving deceit and dishonesty acceptable behaviour for those who place themselves as higher than us ordinary mortals. Welsh/Scottish independence may not solve all the social problems, but it would certainly provide the opportunity for a fresh start appropriate to the times unlike our current archaic system.
Why can't we in the North also have independence? I was anti Brexit and anti breakup of the UK, we need to solve the root cause of the problem I.e. Our electoral system, privilege, corruption and nationalism.

Sounds like some of you need to listen to this song and heed the message 😉

Attachments

• EAFC00E7-8CE2-478E-9397-30C7DF64514C.png
    EAFC00E7-8CE2-478E-9397-30C7DF64514C.png
    207 KB · Views: 81
I agree, I’ve said before that I find it beyond frustrating that millions of people in this country find such self-serving deceit and dishonesty acceptable behaviour for those who place themselves as higher than us ordinary mortals. Welsh/Scottish independence may not solve all the social problems, but it would certainly provide the opportunity for a fresh start appropriate to the times unlike our current archaic system.

If they do get their independence wont the self-serving deceitful and dishonesty people who place themselves higher than us ordinary mortals still be running the show, do you really think anyone at the top of the ladder gives a flying **** about the plebs at the bottom holding it?

If they do get their independence wont the self-serving deceitful and dishonesty people who place themselves higher than us ordinary mortals still be running the show, do you really think anyone at the top of the ladder gives a flying **** about the plebs at the bottom holding it?
Wales and Scotland don't have the same elitist structures as England but they do have nationalism. If they do break away we poor northerners are still stuck with Westminster corruption. Andy Burnham for NW PM.

Well, call it naivety if you like, but I’m willing to have sufficient faith that there are still principled people about. It’s just a case of identifying them and them having the opportunity to show their worth. If we don’t do that then we’ll all just have to roll over and accept all the crookedness.

Well, call it naivety if you like, but I’m willing to have sufficient faith that there are still principled people about. It’s just a case of identifying them and them having the opportunity to show their worth. If we don’t do that then we’ll all just have to roll over and accept all the crookedness.

Well call me an old cynic but i gave up on thinking politicians give a toss about anyone but themselves many years ago, i hope you get what you wish and it turns out well.

Grossly out of touch politicians aren't just a UK phenomenon.
I'm German, but lived in the UK since I was young, but can tell you my German family often complain of exactly the same issues we've all raised here.
Career politicians are just that, animals that latch on to populatist opinion in an effort to retain power.

Does Boris really believe in brexit or was it a route to the top?
Does sturgeon really gives a monkeys about independence or is it a way to gain absolute power over a (new) country?

I thought Sir Keir would be good for Labour. He is able to weigh problems and came across as genuine person in a lot of ways. I just think that he comes across as a bit whiney now.
I don’t think people are drawn to whiney leaders. I do think he comes across as more genuine than most politicians at that level though. He has only been in politics for a short while though, they will beat it out of him in time sadly.

I thought Sir Keir would be good for Labour. He is able to weigh problems and came across as genuine person in a lot of ways. I just think that he comes across as a bit whiney now.
I don’t think people are drawn to whiney leaders. I do think he comes across as more genuine than most politicians at that level though. He has only been in politics for a short while though, they will beat it out of him in time sadly.
I agree, although I’m not sure that he comes across as whiney. But it seems as though people aren’t drawn to genuine politicians, which is something that should concern us all.

I normally do not get involved especially in the pub in political debates as they never end well . Here is a observation from a strong Labour area.
People do not like Keir because he is seen as the one that let Jimmy Saville off may be a a typical strong old fashioned Labour voters make up but they do not forget in the true working class area's

Thats interesting Baron.
When I turned 18 and started to go to the pubs

My Father gave me similar advice.
" Dont talk about politics or religion and don't look at another lads lass."

I took that advice and in 45yrs of drinking have never been in a pub scrap.

I do the same at work John I was told never talk Politics or Religion as peoples views will change of you when all of a sudden they find out you do not believe but they do or are of a certain political persuasion

I normally do not get involved especially in the pub in political debates as they never end well . Here is a observation from a strong Labour area.
People do not like Keir because he is seen as the one that let Jimmy Saville off may be a a typical strong old fashioned Labour voters make up but they do not forget in the true working class area's
I didn’t even know about that, surprised it hasn’t surfaced.

Seen a good quote today,Wishing I had thought of it,
It concerns the recent election results and goes like this:

"The age of man is over,Now begins the age of the Orks"

Back