Enjoying my new hobby

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stoob

Regular.
Reaction score
Hello All:

I started my new winemaking hobby a few weeks ago. I have found some of the posts on here SO helpful and it's nice people are willing to share information and advice. At the moment I have three demijohns with juice wines in them: apple and cranberry / apple, red grape and cranberry / apple and pomegranate. I have also made two six bottle kit wines - Wilko's Merlot and a Beaverdale Merlot. Don't think I would have got this far without reading your posts, to be honest. Thank you as well for sharing your recipes. Cheers!

Welcome to the forum thumb.

Sounds like you are hooked, the juice wines are great i have made many many gallons of them.

Oh that sounds lovely. I must look into Juice Wines. I’ve made 6 beers, an Oaked Apple Cider and a 30 x Bottle Pinot Grigio kit so far. The white wine is really really good and compares very well against any shop bought wine in the €10 to €15 bracket. I’ll be doing it again. Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the welcome! Yes, I think I am proper hooked. Patience is not my virtue, so it will be, er, interesting. I won't touch the bottled Merlot for two or three months, but I am looking forward to a couple of glasses of the juice wine much sooner than that...
In your experience, is a couple of months enough time for the kit wines to mature a bit?

I have only done 1 wine. After 2 months it was lovely. 4 months later and it is getting better. But only 15 bottles left.😂 I’ll be doing it again soon.

In your experience, is a couple of months enough time for the kit wines to mature a bit?

In our house a wine is lucky to last a month. :laugh8:

We found Supermarket juice wines don't improve much with age so we used to drink them soon after they were bottled.

Thank you Damienair, Chippy Tea and StJayJay. Nice to hear the juice wine is of the 'drink soon' variety. Woo-hoo. clapa

Latest posts

Back