Enter the Noob

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matty1974

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just a quick introduction.
My names Matt and live in the north of England near Liverpool, i am total beginner only just finished my first batch of wilkos IPA, it tunred out rather nice already drank a few of them :)

I have got most of the kit needed for All grain brews just need a wort chiller and some knowledge of how to work ratios of grain yeast and hops tog et my desired beers.

I normally love my badger ales and Hobgoblins and plenty of IPAs

Thanks

Matt

If I was you i'd start off with an all grain kit. It'll let you get to grips with the process without having to think too much about the recipe, and give you an idea of the amounts of each element. Then once you have a couple of brews under your belt you could try making your own recipe using the brewer's friend website, or try out a Single Malt and Single Hop (SMaSH) beer. If you get stuck or want someone to look over your recipe there's loads of nice folks on here who will help you out or tell you you are on the right tracks.

Welcome

Your homework is to watch loads of YouTube videos and read as many information websites as you can. If you are into books, "How to Brew" by John Palmer is great and I'm sure others can recommend more.

Actually there's an an older version of that book online: Introduction - How to Brew

Welcome. Seconded what fury_tea says. I've made loads of kits but I've only done two all-grain brews, both were kits from The Malt Miller, with everything needed at the correct weights in one box. Plan your brew day and it's very straightforward. My biggest problem has been fermenting at the correct temperature. I chose kits with yeasts that were a bit more forgiving for autumn and summer temperatures.

Back