Eureka !

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roddy

Landlord.
Reaction score
OK, so it's not the breakthrough of the century... but I used to store my TC's on a shelf and try and remember what was where.... not the most scientific method, so quite often I wouldn't know what I was about to drink until I tasted it [emoji23]

So I splashed out for a £1.49 packet of little stickers, so I can now colour code my batches.... stickers are fairly low adhesion so they stay on but are a doddle to get off when cleaning bottles ready for a brew

Little things and all that !
167e7b08269cd41f297e570f5a33959e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Good idea! 99p on ebay for 952/6mm or 520/8mm. If I buy them in white I can easily mark them with a biro before sticking on the bottle. Cheers for the tip!

I'll get some - they'll be the height of elegance and refinement compared to my usual way of scribbling on the tops with a marker!

Good idea! 99p on ebay for 952/6mm or 520/8mm. If I buy them in white I can easily mark them with a biro before sticking on the bottle. Cheers for the tip!

This is exactly what I do. I just write a number on mine and then I've got a text file in my computer that tells me what they are / when they were made.

I use a similar approach for wine bottles. I cut white sticky labels into squares and use 3 letter codes to identify them on the caps, eg. RJA for rioja and 2 digit codes for the year, using a pencil, which is both waterproof and erasable. Occasionally bottles leak and a stained label indicates that the bottle above in the rack is dripping!

Latest posts

Back