Euro 2020, who's watching?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll watch some, but football doesn't engage me as much it used to. Rugby league is my preferred sport.

I watched a bit of the game today but had to turn it off and listen to the live commentary instead, get a ******* haircut you are 31 not 18 :laugh8:

1623513514602.png
1623513719381.png

Christian Ericson fighting for his life as i type an awful wait for good news.

Edit - They have now switched to the studio its not looking good.

Last edited:
Christian Ericson fighting for his life as i type an awful wait for good news.

Edit - They have now switched to the studio its not looking good.
Just heard about this. That sounds terrible. Footballers are monitored for their health and fitness almost around the clock these days, yet still so worrying that fit players can be vulnerable to heart failure, if that's what it is.

They were doing CPR on him on the pitch it didnt look good they have now posted -

Eriksen is awake

The Danish FA says Christian Eriksen is awake and waiting more tests in hospital.

DBU - En Del Af Noget Større
@DBUfodbold

·
10m

Christian Eriksen er vågen og er til yderligere undersøgelser på Rigshospitalet. Kampen er midlertidigt udsat. Ny melding kommer kl. 19.45.
Christian Eriksen is awake and is for further examinations at Rigshospitalet. The match is temporarily postponed. New message comes at 19.45.

Great news -

Posted at 19:06 -
The Danish FA has just tweeted (via Google translate):
Christian Eriksen is awake and his condition remains stable.
He remains hospitalized at Rigshospitalet for further examinations.
The match against Finland will be played tonight.
This happens after the players have been confirmed that Christian is okay.
The match resumes at 20.30."

UEFA
@UEFA

·
5m

Following the request made by players of both teams, UEFA has agreed to restart the match between Denmark and Finland tonight at 20:30 CET (TBC).
The last four minutes of the first half will be played, there will then be a 5-minute half-time break followed by the second half.

Posted at 19:11
'The medical team did an amazing job'
Former Arsenal and England physiotherapist Gary Lewin, speaking to BBC Radio 5 Live:
"The medical team will have gone into what we call the 'emergency action plan'.
"Every team and stadium has an action plan. The medical team will have tried to stabilise him on the pitch. I have to commend the players, the way they protected him and stood around him, I thought was incredible. It showed amazing team spirit.
"Once the team have stabilised him, they would have got him into the cardiac position as soon as they possibly could. I think that's obviously where he is now. I believe the early reports are he is conscious, so let's cross our fingers.
"The picture of him leaving the ground with oxygen, that's another sign that whatever happened, the action taken by the medical team was very, very quick and very, very efficient.
"All I can say is what an amazing job they all did."

Denmark goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel and a member of the Danish backroom staff are embracing down on the pitch during the warm-up.

1623522049248.png

19:18

Denmark 0-0 Finland (19:30 BST restart)

Pat Nevin
Former Chelsea and Scotland winger on BBC Radio 5 Live
The vast majority of fans have stayed in the ground. They seemed like they just wanted to hear some news. When the latest update was released, there were tears of joy and relief.

19:20

Denmark 0-0 Finland (19:30 BST restart)

Pat Nevin
Former Chelsea and Scotland winger on BBC Radio 5 Live
I think some of those Danish players look utterly traumatised. They have said they feel like they can play this game and are OK - and maybe they will be, and we hope they are.

19:22
Uefa president Aleksander Ceferin:
“Moments like this put everything in life into perspective. I wish Christian a full and speedy recovery and pray his family has strength and faith…
“At these times, the unity of the football family is so strong and he and his family carry with them the good wishes and prayers of everyone. I heard of fans of both teams chanting his name. Football is beautiful and Christian plays it beautifully.”

I'm a football nut ( and most other sports). If it involves competitive matches with west ham or England I will probably not miss it😁
I have declined a BBQ invite tomorrow as they said they will have a TV in the garden(sounds like sun on the TV and a dodgy streaming connection). I'll follow Wales too(2nd team). Watching Belgium now ⚽

Love football and I will watch as many games as possible in international tournaments. Although I saw some earlier tournaments, Italia 90 is the one that really kick started it for me. Glorious.

My club side, Swindon Town have generally huffed and puffed their way around the bottom 2 divisions in the 45 years I have been going. As I have no interest in the Premier league or European club competitions, international football is the only chance I get to see the top, top players.

Love football and I will watch as many games as possible in international tournaments. Although I saw some earlier tournaments, Italia 90 is the one that really kick started it for me. Glorious.

My club side, Swindon Town have generally huffed and puffed their way around the bottom 2 divisions in the 45 years I have been going. As I have no interest in the Premier league or European club competitions, international football is the only chance I get to see the top, top players.

Same here. As a gills fan I’m in the same boat and love the international comps Shame you went down this year, always an interesting game.

Some sort of odd shaped round ball? Goal posts looked wrong also, couldn’t get my head round it

Some sort of odd shaped round ball? Goal posts looked wrong also, couldn’t get my head round it

You can't beat rugby at international level.

Completely lost interest in the premier league over the past few years but I still enjoy watching England play and have been looking forward to this for a while!

FT: England 1-0 Croatia

4832cab3-ad79-4f13-b9c7-99a24f58c1f8.jpg

England scoring hero Raheem Sterling, speaking to BBC Sport:

"It feels good to score. I always said if I played at Wembley at a major tournament I had to score and it's great to finally do that.

"There's a lot of different reasons why I haven't scored for my club and it's totally irrelevant now. I'm here with England and I'm enjoying my football. That's the most important thing.

When asked if he has justified his selection - "Have I justified my selection? [after several seconds]...I'm trying.

"It's great to get off to a win and now we have other games to look forward to. It's been a long season for me but I couldn't wait to get here and get started with England. With England, I knew it would be a positive one. "

Latest posts

Back