Euro 2020, who's watching?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He’ll do nothing neither will the social media. Anyone found guilty should get a 5 year prison sentence and put on a racist register. On release they should work for one year on community work in ethnic areas of the country.

What's the point of banning someone from games they don't attend anyway?

Once they have these peoples details they should ban them off off all social media and forums etc, social media sites are going to have to tighten things up their end maybe use word filters and have a much faster system to deal with reported posts/tweets i heard Boris say something along the lines of they will be fined 10% of their annual income if they do not get on top of this.

But Sir Keir Starmer said the PM's promise to take action "rings hollow" after his previous refusal to condemn fans who booed players taking the knee.

He's useless, but he's not wrong there. Boris "piccaninny watermelon smile" Johnson clamping down on racism?

Pur-lease. :rolleyes:

This is a dangerous area and not clear cut. Would we fine someone 10% of their wages for booing national anthems, describing the Italian defence as old, saying that Latin countries are habitual cheats, calling someone WASP?

This is a dangerous area and not clear cut. Would we fine someone 10% of their wages for booing national anthems, describing the Italian defence as old, saying that Latin countries are habitual cheats, calling someone WASP?

I don't see the harm in booing an opposing player because he took yours out in a dirty tackle although its a bit cringeworthy when they do it every time he gets the ball for the next 15 minutes, booing the other teams national anthem is wrong (imagine what would have been said had they done the same to ours) but booing those taking the knee in my view is taking it way too far, others will say its their right to protest as they pay to go to the game not to watch the players protest.

From the horses mouth -

Why are some fans booing England?
Some of those opposed to people taking the knee have been accused of being opposed to racial equality.
But some players, teams and fans argue that the gesture has lost its impact.
Crystal Palace winger Wilfried Zaha said he felt taking the knee was "degrading". One team has said it wants to focus on other ways of promoting racial equality, and another has said it feels the effect of the gesture has become "diluted".
"Booing is a way football fans can communicate dissatisfaction," says Andrew, a football fan in his 40s who was at both England games this week - and joined in the booing when players took the knee.
Andrew, who is based in Lincoln, tells Radio 1 Newsbeat he booed to show his objection to what he sees as "an identity politics agenda that focuses on black people and skin colour, when as far as I am concerned we are all England fans regardless of colour".
"Some seem to genuinely believe booing is an act of racism - I reject that," he adds.
Other fans say the "political" gesture of taking the knee is detracting from the sport.
"If I want to watch politics, I'd switch on Westminster Live," one Twitter user says.
Not all of those who oppose taking the knee are anonymous social media users.
Tory MP Brendan Clarke-Smith wrote on Facebook at the weekend that taking the knee "now comes across as little more than habitual tokenism and has lost its effect".
He added that "the mixing of politics and football had disastrous consequences" and questioned whether players "really want to carry the political baggage that comes with taking the knee".
The MP said he would be keeping his TV switched off up until the starting whistle of England's games, and during half-time, in protest at those taking the knee.

Euros and taking the knee: Why some England fans say they are booing players - BBC News

Last edited:
Listening to John Barnes a week or so ago, he was taking issue with this whole thing about 'football bringing the country together' which has been a big thing in the media.
As a black player he's seen it all before; embraced as English when all is going well, slagged off, racially abused
and scapegoated when England fail to succeed..

To be honest it turns me right off having any interest in following national football, don't get me started on Twitter and the rest of the social media circus.

If these racist morons really are football fans they will support teams who have black players i wonder if these "supporters" go on social media and racially abuse their own black players if they have had a bad game.

Last edited:
To quote the Home Secretary - BoJo’s pronouncement is “gesture politics” of a particularly hollow nature. While it would be possible in theory to track down the racist trolls, how is there ever going to be a way of enforcing a banning order on the ground? How do you stop someone watching a game on the TV and posting racist or other abuse?

It sounds as enforceable as most of the antisocial behaviour orders - exclusion from shopping areas etc. It only works if someone notices and acts. Given the number of asbos who have a complete disregard for the law it’s just a puff of hot air.

While it would be possible in theory to track down the racist trolls, how is there ever going to be a way of enforcing a banning order on the ground?

One easy way to cut a lot of it out is to make ISP's give every customer a static IP address, at the moment the majority of us are not on static IP so you can switch the modem off for a while and when you boot it again you have a new one.

One easy way to cut a lot of it out is to make ISP's give every customer a static IP address, at the moment the majority of us are not on static IP so you can switch the modem off for a while and when you boot it again you have a new one.
Wouldn't make any difference Chippy; the DHCP server will already keep logs of which device is assigned a particular IP address at which time and for how long.

Wouldn't make any difference Chippy; the DHCP server will already keep logs of which device is assigned a particular IP address at which time and for how long.

Yep and vpns proxy or vpn into work, or public hotspots.. any scenario could have potentially 1000s of people could post from 1 ip addresses, sadly it won't work that way

When did the Euro 2020 chat end and the internet tech start.

Best team won - The Italians were great throughout.

:)

When did the Euro 2020 chat end and the internet tech start.

I see you are a new member.

A tip if i may - if you use the numbers under the last post on evert page you can go back to other pages and find the answer for yourself.

I will remove my tongue from my cheek now. ;)

you miss the point - identifying is one thing, physically enforcing a ban is entirely different. It only takes a hat & glasses to change your appearance for example.

On a technical side, until all broadband wan addresses are IP v6 there won’t be enough to allocate static address. One reason we have dynamic address was to prevent home users running servers - static ips could be sold at business rates rather than consumer. The likes of FreeDNS has made this largely trivial to bypass so long as you keep the zone info updated.

On a technical side, until all broadband wan addresses are IP v6 there won’t be enough to allocate static address. One reason we have dynamic address was to prevent home users running servers - static ips could be sold at business rates rather than consume

The ISP IP address idea has already been ruled out above, I don't know what the solution will be but they need to come up with one and fast.
Why not make everyone on social media have to re-register to use their account using some sort of verification that will make them traceable.

Or perhaps the government fund the police and justice system properly and enforce the laws we already have, instead of gutting them and handing huge contracts to their pals under the guise of track and trace or PPE contracts. The corrupt *****.

Latest posts

Back