Euro 2020, who's watching?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That West Germany team in 1970 was vastly better than the side we faced the other day. But so far, so good. We don't concede, and we are scoring goals. But tougher tests await.

Denmark will be the toughest test yet i reckon. No guarantees here but at Wembley you’d like to think we have enough.

i was warming to Italy this euros but their last 20 mins of diving, rolling about and general snideness means it will be viva espanana for me in the other semi.

Ready for Italy v Spain tonight 😂🤣

723B505B-D56E-4F46-86B9-FDAF48326180.jpeg

Licensing laws are to be relaxed to allow pubs to stay open later for Sunday's Euro 2020 final, Downing Street has confirmed.

Premises will be able to stay open for an extra 45 minutes until 11.15pm, in case the game goes to extra time and penalties.
The measure would apply whether or not England get to the final.
It follows similar moves for the 2014 World Cup and events such as royal weddings.
The move is expected to be brought in through a temporary tweak to licensing laws that apply in England and Wales.

Sunday's final at London's Wembley Stadium will kick off at 20.00 BST, with capacity capped at 60,000 fans due to Covid restrictions.
England play Denmark in the semi-final on Wednesday, and would face either Italy or Spain, who will play each other later, if they win.
The rule change is expected to save pubs from having to apply to their local authority for a special licence to extend their opening hours.
Normally pubs would have had to apply for this licence 10 days in advance for it to be processed.
A No 10 spokesman said: "The entire nation's been gripped by the Euros and this will allow people to enjoy the match in pubs if they wish to do so."

Euro 2020: Pubs to stay open later for final on Sunday - BBC News

i doubt Spain would be much less than cynical than Italy if circumstances dictate.

Italy V Spain in normal time, in my opinion, was the game of the tournament. Rio Ferdinand said England shouldn't be too bothered with either Italy or Spain playing them in the final (presuming they beat Denmark) - but I would think that Italy's guile and team spirit could lead to England's undoing. Before the tournament a friend made 2 bets - €100 on England at 8-1 and €100 on Italy at 14-1. I know who he will be cheering for tonight!

I'm not sure we can beat Denmark. I think their name is on the cup this year just as it was in 1992.

I'm not sure we can beat Denmark. I think their name is on the cup this year just as it was in 1992.
Denmark are a really close team - but I think, if Grealish is playing (haven't seen the team yet) England will have the necessary abundance of talent at its disposal. Fingers crossed!

I just heard the stat that Spain made 908 passes last night. The last time England got close to that number was when they put Harry Kane on Mastermind. :laugh8:

Quality semi final last night. This has really been a great euros. Really hope england can do it tonight. If we lose the final so be it, there are no more games after that anyway!

Getting there will be massive. Think it wil be tough tonight But we might edge it.

I’m a confident bag of nerves if that makes sense!

Yes, it's been an excellent comp, not many dud games. I got a text from a mate asking if i was watching it down the pub (I did for the last England game). I think not, this time! Watching down the pub can be fun, but you can't follow the game properly, hear the commentary, etc. I figure I want to watch this one properly. I wanted Italy to win last night, but of course it could never end well: if England prevail tonight of course I'd want them to beat Italy, and if Denmark win, well, you'd have to be some kind of monster not to back them, wouldn't you? ☺

Denmark are a really close team - but I think, if Grealish is playing (haven't seen the team yet) England will have the necessary abundance of talent at its disposal. Fingers crossed!
He's made a difference since coming on has Grealish.

Latest posts

Back